Chapter 15

And we're back with the continuing of the previous chapter's events...
____________________________________

        "Listen to me, fox lady. I don't know why you're so angry at Zhu but I'm not him. Just calm down and maybe we can talk this out in a civilized way. The others are trying to sleep," (y/n) said all while dodging several attacks from possessed Ara. "I'm not going to listen to your lies again Zhu! Never again!" Eun said. She kept attacking but was becoming more reckless and (y/n) began to notice tears forming at the edges of her eyes.

        (Y/n) let out a tiny whimper. He'd gotten a cut across his cheek and it stung worse than he thought it would. "I'm going to kill that fox when I next see him," (y/n) muttered as he dropped into the sand to avoid a potentially lethal attack. It probably wasn't the best action to take because the moment he tried to get up, he was pinnind to the sand again. He didn't know Ara could be so quick but this was not Ara.

        She was about to sink her claw nails into his neck before he could try escaping but stopped just before touching his skin. (Y/n) was completely still, not daring to move since he didn't want to be scratched anymore. "Don't...don't look at me like that," possessed Ara said as she pressed her sharp nails to (y/n)'s skin, her tears becoming more evident. He tried to free himself but felt the pressure on his neck increase to the point where he could start bleeding so he froze again staring at possessed Ara and hoping she would free him.

        (Y/n) flinched when she released him and rested on him, crying even more as she did. "Why did you abandon me Zhu?" she cried. "I told you, I'm not Zhu. Please get off of me," (y/n) said although he didn't want to move her himself since he didn't want to risk being scratched. Possesed Ara complied with his wishes, freeing him from the sand which was starting to get stuck in the fur of his tails.

        (Y/n) didn't hesitate to put some distance between him and white haired Ara. "You still keep lying to me even though I found you out already. I don't know how you did it, but you changed your appearance and thought I wouldn't notice. Why else would you hold back in those fights and why would you not have any family," she spoke as she whipped her tears. (Y/n) sighed in fustration. "I'm going to have a talk with Zhu about this. My name is (y/n) and I only share a soul with Zhu. He saved my life. I don't know what history he has with you but I'd appreciate it if you didn't attack me anymore," (y/n) said.

        He watched her to be sure he wasn't attacked again. "Then I suppose you tell the truth. My name is Eun, the millennium fox spirit that resides within Ara's hairpin. I apologize for attacking you but you shouldn't go around flaunting that power of yours. While I am safe from being taken by force, your bond with Zhu is a very fragile thing. Although I detest that fox, I wouldn't want you to befall such a terrible fate," Eun said. Now that he got a name, (y/n) wouldn't have to keep seeing her as possessed Ara.

        "I don't know what you mean by that but maybe we can talk later. Your little stunt might have woken up the others and I need to get some sleep," (y/n) said, getting rid of his extra features after deeming it safe to do so. "This is a life or death situation. I suggest you listen, child," Eun growled. (Y/n)'s eye twitched at her choice of words but he decided not to say anything after having just reverted back to normal.

       "From what I remeber, Zhu is still a living fox of many tails and great power. Until me, he possesses power that strengthens the mind and heart rather than the body which allows for his host to greatly increase their own power in a short period of time. That being said, Zhu is a target and letting the wrong individuals know about your power will get you killed," Eun said. (Y/n) sort of already knew half of that information but even so, he continued to listen to Eun.

        "Zhu can easily be forcefully contracted to someone else should his host be killed. The last time I heard from him, I was trying to kill him, but he didn't have a host. It's been many years though. I don't know what has changed but for him to willingly accept you as a host is a very bizarre thing," Eun explained. "So that's what he was trying to do," (y/n) muttered to himself, thinking back to when Ikari had first attacked him.

        The thought made him a bit sick since he also remembered everything that happened before and after that event. "Who do you speak of, Zhu or someone else? It's clear that you are pained by the thought," Eun noticed. "I'm not sharing any personal information. There's no guarantee that Ara won't know about this," (y/n) said. He still didn't want anyone knowing about his origin although he could safely say that this particular group wouldn't really care.

        "You are mistaken. I don't intend to tell Ara of anything we discussed here but I will have to inform her about my rash actions. You see, I broke a promise by attacking you but it isn't like you care. Zhu was always one to break promises. Just know that the only way Ara will know what was discussed is if you tell her yourself. She's been wondering about you ever since you showed the use of Zhu's power in battle. You're quite the mystery," Eun said.

      "Yeah whatever. Just keep your own promise and things will be fine," (y/n) said, slightly frowning at Eun. He was a little suspicious of the fox but who wouldn't be? "You'll need to take care of that cut. You don't want it making a scar on that nice face of yours," Eun said as she got up from the sand and went back to Ara's chosen resting spot. Immediately, (y/n) put a hand to the cut that he'd forgotten was there and realized that it was still bleeding a bit. He inwardly cursed once he realized that he couldn't heal it without Zhu being nearby, or heal at all for that matter.

        When he looked back over to Ara, she was back to normal and sleeping as if nothing had happened and (y/n) wondered why no one else had awaken during Eun's outlash. "Zhu, you have a lot of explaining to do," (y/n) thought before he went to the supply bag hoping that Vapor packed something useful to him in his current situation. Although Zhu was too far away to hear his telepathic message, (y/n) had a feeling he'd figure out that Eun had a talk with him.
____________________________________

Wasn't prepared for another week of binge writing like I thought I was. This and my other ongoing book require way to much research...oh well. Until next time you epic readers!