Chapter 22

Just a minimum of thirteen chapters left....I will finish this book even if it means I must binge write again
____________________________________

        You'd think that Ikari would have been harder to fight while in the air but he really wasn't. Unfortunately, his attacks weren't any easier to dodge and (y/n) had already been hit by at least four times. It was only thanks to Zhu's healing ability that he wasn't dead already. "You can't possibly expect to beat me without a weapon. You've only managed to hit me once," Ikari taunted.

        "Don't listen to him (y/n)! You don't need a weapon to win. You've got this!" Zhu could suddenly be heard saying. It wasn't the best decision but (y/n) looked back and saw Zhu standing at the edge of the platform with none other than Ara standing right next to him. She was in her fox mode or whatever she called it...or was it Eun that was in control. "Pay attention or you'll get killed!" Ara shouted but it wasn't her voice.

        "Shut it Eun! I know what I'm doing!" (y/n) snapped, not wanting to hear from her at the moment. For whatever reason, he was expecting it to be Ara that spoke. Ikari of course took this opportunity to try attacking but (y/n) expected as much. He quickly jumped aside to avoid Ikari's sword attack but the demon changed direction at the last minute, nearly hitting (y/n) anyway. I chill shot down (y/n) spine as he realized that he was nearly beheaded and it was then that another realization made its way into his mind.

        (Y/n) could be healed back into perfect condition thanks to Zhu so he was practically unstoppable which meant that the only way to kill him would be anything quick. Beheading and maybe heart stabbing might work and Ikari knew this. He had been going for lethal attacks the entire time without (y/n) even realizing it until then. Ikari was clearly determined to win and without a weapon, it would be hard to take Ikari down from the air unscathed.

         He needed a plan since his enemy clearly had one and likely counted on Zhu and Ara staying on the sidelines to watch. Asking the two of them to help would change things but Ikari would probably just take Ara hostage the moment he got the chance. "(Y/n) watch out!" Ara yelped. He hadn't realized that he'd been strategizing so long and Ikari had rushed in for another attack.

        In those few momemts before he ducked to dodge Ikari's attack, he got an idea. It was very reckless and perhaps even foolish and if it failed, the worse that could happen was his death but (y/n) intended to try it anyway. Death was something he had long since stopped fearing. "(Y/n), don't you dare risk your life like that!" he heard Zhu growl as if threatening to withdraw him from the fight if he went through with the plan he'd thought of.

        "I've got no choice. It's the easiest way to get this over with," (y/n) replied in his mind as he slashed at Ikari, clipping his wing in the attempted attack. Ikari landed and quickly put a hand to the spot on his wing that had been cut, glaring at (y/n) for giving him the small wound. It was just merely a deep scratch if one really thought about it but Ikari took the attack more as an insult than a petty scratch that could be ignored.

        "This fight is going on for to long. Don't you think we should end things?" (y/n) said. He didn't want to fight the winged demon in the first place after seeing how pathetic he was being earlier. Ikari kept his glare on him not saying a word as he inched towards him. For some reason, the slow advance sent (y/n) on edge making him uneasy. Ikari had a new plan and (y/n) had no idea what it was which could spell disaster if it didn't line up with (y/n)'s original plan.

        "You're right. This fight has taken too long. I'll make this quick. You won't feel a thing," Ikari said with a crazed look in his eyes as he continued to slowly walk forward. (Y/n) frowned at this but stood his ground hoping that his plan would work. In an instant, Ikari dashed forward and aimed his blade at (y/n)'s heart yet (y/n) didn't try to dodge it and instead raised his hand to strike Ikari down the moment he was in range.

        Everything changed when Ikari dropped into disappearing ashes and vanished just before he was within (y/n)'s range of attack. "Did he just run away?" (y/n) thought but the moment he finished thinking, he heard a cry from where Zhu and Ara were. His eyes darted in their direction to see that Ikari had attacked Ara, stabbing her with the sword and disappearing again before Zhu could lash out on him. Petrified by a variety of emotions, mainly rage and perhaps disbelief, (y/n) watched Ara fall forward.

        Zhu caught her with one of his tails, snapping (y/n) out of his trance and he rushed to them not caring where Ikari could have gone. "Zhu, you have to heal her, now!" (y/n) said as soon as he was close enough to be heard.  "I am. Don't worry about Ara. Get him!" Zhu said as he looked behind (y/n) to change where his attention was directed. Ikari stood back on the platform with a smirk of triumph before he laughed at his accomplishment.

        "You're dead now. That fox can't heal two people at once. Besides, once I kill you, I'll be going after her as well. I had no idea that Eun had survived that fire too," Ikari rambled but (y/n) wasn't listening. A blind fit of rage wasn't even close to describing (y/n) at the moment. In fact, he was extremely calm almost as if having no emotion at all. Despite that, logic had been thrown out of the window and wouldn't be returning any time soon.

        He was angry but not only because Ikari had attacked someone outside of the battle. This anger was rooted in the fact that Ara was another survivor of that village massacre, an event Ikari had taken part in, and there was no way (y/n) would let anyone else from that village die without getting some sort of revenge. It was true that he hadn't cared about everyone else's revenge before ever meeting Ara but she might have changed hus mind along the way.

         Ikari just hadn't been good enough target until that moment. Ikari stood his ground even as (y/n) casually walked towards him but fear was evident in his eyes even if he didn't mean to show it. "You fool! You walk towards me as if you think you can win. Your ignorance will cost you your life!" Ikari snarled before using his wings to boost him forward. Again his target was (y/n)'s heart but (y/n) didn't even think to move.

        If it hadn't been for his natural instinct to at least try dodging attacks, he would have taken the hit directly instead of having Ikari's sword stab his shoulder. (Y/n) caught hold of Ikari's arm even as the demon tried to injure him more. His plan was still pretty risky but it had worked. "Die," (y/n) said with murderous intent laced in his voice. With one swipe of his hand, everything ended and Ikari fell limp, his last moments of terror still present on his face.

        (Y/n) threw the sword aside and pressed a hand over his wound. "I don't see why I couldn't have just done that in the first place," he muttered to himself before walking back to Zhu who was nearly done healing Ara. It was then that their surroundings shook as Behemoth once again gained mobility, a disaster being revived again. Sander was in danger once more.
____________________________________

It may not have seemed like it but I had to redo this chapter three times over. Until next time you phenomenal readers!