Chapter 27

Another chapter made possible by the only author writing this book...
____________________________________

        "Do you mind if the rest of them listen as well?" Vapor asked him but (y/n) didn't know what to say. How did Vapor know that his mother was still alive? He had recently learned this fact himself only after dying. Even after returning, the information had slipped his mind and he'd nearly forgotten until Vapor brought up the topic. "How did you know?" he asked. Vapor's eyes widened in shock upon realizing he already knew his mother was alive.

        "I could ask you the same but I'm assuming you didn't know that she was alive until recently. Perhaps Ikari told you," Vapor said. She'd spoken the demon's name so casually that one might think she personally knew him. While Vapor was speaking, the rest of the Search Party were being nosey and entering the shop to hear whatever she was about to say. "I told you I didn't want to know. You've already said too much," (y/n) said.

        He didn't really believe his father when he said his mother was still alive and now Vapor was saying those same false words. It sparked an emotion in him that he'd never directed towards Vapor. Rage. "When Vegar first brought you here, I didn't reconize you until you told me your name. I happen to be good at hiding my surprise. I knew exactly who you were when you first arrived. I just never expected to see you again after your mother took you back to your village," Vapor said.

        "You lied to me?" (y/n) asked in disbelief. Vapor ignored his words and kept speaking. "Long before your village was destroyed, your mother visited Sander asking that Anduran contact the priestess responsible for guarding the light El. Gloria was unable to come to Sander at the time so Anduran asked for my help instead since she truated me. You were too young to walk or even rember anything at the time," she said.

        "You said you knew nothing," (y/n) said although he knew Vapor would continue to ignore him. "Your mother believed you had a certain fate and wanted Illipia's blessing so that your life would be preserved in the event that you might die. She needed Gloria to help her with this but as I said, I took Gloria's place. Illipia gave her blessing and in doing so, she gave you an extra life."

        "I hadn't remembered this particular detail until you lay dead in front of us all only to wake up later as if you had merely gone to sleep. The thing that I need to tell you is that I knew all along what was going on in Sander. I knew Anduran would be kidnapped and I also knew that Behemoth would be revived. All of this was told to me by Ikari and your mother when they first showed up here in this shop to kill you," Vapor said.

        Gasps of surprise and looks of betrayal were casted through the air. (Y/n) in particular chose not to believe a single word Vapor was saying to him. She had been like a second caregiver if not even a mother so how could he accept her betrayal without a little denial? "How long did you know about Karis' plan knowing that Sander would be in danger?" Elesis asked.

        "I was first encountered by (y/n)'s mother and potential murder around five months ago. His mother was not the same as I remebered her and she intended to allow Ikari to kill (y/n) but I interfered. A deal had to be made. Ikari was forced to wait until Behemoth was revived before he could attempt to kill you and your mother was working with him. In return for your life, I had to tell them information whenever they asked for it or else they'd kill you."

        "I spoke to chieftain Karu about it since he was the one who figured out that keeping you alive was important. I made sure he didn't know that I was providing the enemy with information but he still advised that I comply with whatever they asked of me. I'm glad I did. Perhaps it was meant for you to stop Behemoth today. Many lives would have been lost and Sander would not exist if it weren't for you," Vapor explained.

        She had known all along about the peril the city would be in. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could have easily handled the situation. I wouldn't have let anyone kill me," (y/n) said, his voice slightly raised as he felt his rage emerge. "I knew the moment you saw your mother, you'd freeze on the spot. She may have been your mother at one time but she wouldn't have hesitated to end your life. I was surprised that she didn't show up during the fighting," Vapor spoke.

        She seemed remorseful for her actions but (y/n) didn't care. "You still lied to me! I could have been trying to save my mother all this time. Five months is more than enough time. All of this destiny nonsense doesn't matter! I don't care who I was meant to save of what I was meant to do! My mother was alive. I've been going on thinking that everything was lost and she's been alive this entire time," (y/n) said, the stinging feeling of betrayal tainting his spirit.

        "(Y/n), there's nothing you could have done to change what was meant to happen. Vapor was only trying to protect you," Zhu said. (Y/n) then glared at the fox. "Zhu...how long have you known?" (y/n) asked, his voice low and very threatening as the realization struck him. Zhu remained silent signifying that he had indeed known for a time too long to be excused. "Answer me!" (y/n) snapped at the fox.

        Vapor was the first to step away from him with a few of the other search party members. "Calm down," Zhu commanded, his mysterious power of instant calm working on (y/n) in an instant. Zhu stood up and disappeared before reappearing outside. "Where are you going?" Ara asked the fox before (y/n) could speak. For some reason, she was angry too but it must have been for a different reason.

        "I'm going somewhere else to explain things just in case (y/n) snaps. What I have to say is nothing a normal mind can handle," Zhu said although his mouth did not move even as he spoke. The fact that he actually spoke and everyone, not just (y/n) and Ara, could hear him was already a shock. Even Vapor was surprised and she had apparently been good at hiding it until that moment.

        "I'm not going anywhere. You can actually speak. Why would I go with you knowing that you could literally be lying to me right now. How do I even know you're even on my side. Who are you really?" (y/n) said. Zhu sighed and his eyes turned from emerald green to a terrifying crimson red. (Y/n) was forced to stand against his will having no control over his actions.

        "I advise that no one follow. It will be harder to deal with humans in the area. Besides, if anyone does end up following us, you'd likely die. I'll show no mercy to anyone who defies me. Eun, you may tell them what you know of me if you wish. I no longer intend to hide anything from anyone else. I've done enough deceiving as it is," Zhu spoke before walking away from Vapor's shop.

        (Y/n) couldn't stop himself from blindly following after Zhu. What bothered him the most was that no one tried to stop Zhu, not even Ara who had seemed the most upset out of the search party group. All he could do was await whatever Zhu had in store for him and hope that Zhu did not intend to kill him because if that was his intention, things were beginning to look pretty grim for (y/n).
____________________________________

Why not throw in another plot twist? Until next time you awesome but probably confused readers!