Chapter 17

What, did you really think I'd kill the main character? Now why would I do that (although that isn't such a bad idea)?
____________________________________

          "Please don't die, please don't die, please don't die, please for the sake of the world, don't you dare die!" someone said. There was nothing wrong with someone finding out that they aren't dead but in (y/n)'s case, things weren't all that nice. His senses were to their extreme again and the voice he heard made his ears hurt. Because of that, he immediately reached up to cover them finding that simply moving his arms hurt him.

        "(Y/n)! You finally woke up!" the voice said only making (y/n) wince even more. "Dammit Star, do you want me to go deaf?" he snapped for the voice was familar enough to recognize. "Oh, sorry. You don't have Zhu with you do you. I didn't know," Star whispered. Although Star's voice no longer bothered him, the rush of smells and increased pain caused his head to hurt. He rolled himself into a defensive curl despite the pain it caused him and stayed there like that.

        "I...I need a minute Star. I didn't mean to snap at you like that," (y/n) muttered. His eyes were shut tight since he didn't want to bither adjusting them to the light. "Ok. I'm just glad you aren't dead. Your new friends and the villagers even said that you shouldn't be alive," Star whispered with a hint of sadness. In all honesty, (y/n) was curious atls to how he was still alive as well. Vegar had stabbed him where he should have died the moment he lost consciousness and yet he was awake.

        There was a lot of pain that came with the price of living but he was at least alive. His mind was racing from thought to thought and he couldn't keep it from venturing back to the one day in his past he wished he could change. His new wound wasn't in the same place but it still reminded him of his village. "(Y/n)'s awake!" Star could be heard announcing outside the tent.

         (Y/n) didn't want any visitors at the moment though. He was still trying to get over the state of panic that he found himself reentering. "(Y/n)! We're glad your okay. We were worried that you wouldn't make it," Ara could be heard saying as two people entered the tent other than herself. One was likely just Star. (Y/n) didn't say anything for his ears stung at Ara's voice. "Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that his ears are super sensitive right now. You'll have to whisper," Star quietly said.

        "I think we should give him some time then. He doesn't seem awake. In fact, he seems to still be in pain," Chung whispered. So that was who the third person had been. "That's just why he needs us here. Isn't that why we stayed," Ara whispered. (Y/n)'s attention was ripped away from their conversation as a rather unpleasant memory made it's way into his mind. The death of his siblings. His youngest sibiling had hid behind him in fear and he'd failed to protect him.

         He watched his older sister die and he was helpless to stop it. His older brothers had already been killed on the front lines and his younger sister had been caught in a fire. Their screams haunted him and he hated it and pleaded for it all to end. Maybe if he had just been killed, he wouldn't have to deal with such troubles. But then things started to change and (y/n) started to remeber things that he himself had never experienced.

         He saw someone unfamiliar fighting along side members of his family that had long passed. They too were fighting off a demon invasion and weren't doing very well. In the end, the unfamiliar person was aming the survivors but wept over his fallen comrades. It was as if the events he saw had actually happened to him but he knew for sure that they hadn't. "(Y/n)! Snap out of it, please!" Ara said with her voice raised hurting his ears.

         Whatever trance he was in, (y/n) had been released from it and saw that Ara was sitting in front of him a hand on his shoulder as she looked at him with a worried expression. Of course his eyes stung from having taken in too much light but he didn't see anyone else other than Ara. "They went to get help. You scared us for a moment there," Ara said after noticing him looking around a bit.

         "Is he alright?" Chung asked as he entered the tent, forgetting to whisper. (Y/n) hated how disorienting his heightened senses could be at times. "I'm fine. Where's Emirate? Did you find him?" (y/n) asked having also remebered the whole reason he was in the Caluso village. "You should worry about yourself (y/n). That Emirate guy is already heading back to Sander with the other four," Star informed. "And Vegar. You guys didn't kill him did you?" (y/n) asked.

        "Of course not. You said you knew him so we didn't harm him," Ara said, also forgetting to whisper. (Y/n) wished he could be a nornal human being again at that moment. "He isn't dead but he isn't awake either. Ara hit him pretty hard," Chung muttered. "I did not," Ara protested. "Did too. I was watching the whole fight!" Star said. "Guys cut it out. Seriously, my ears are killing me," (y/n) growled. Everyone silenced themselves in an instant.

        "Once your able, we need to head back to Sander to regroup with the others or at least get information on their whereabouts if they've already had to leave," Chung whispered. (Y/n) glanced at him, glad that he did harm his ears any further but a bit surlrised that he'd decided to speak right after (y/n) had implied that everyone stay silent. "How long have I been out?" (y/n) asked as he sat up despite his headache and sensitivity to just about everything.

         "Just four hours. We didn't think you'd wake up so quickly. I knew Zhu wasn't with you when you didn't automatically start healing," Star said. (Y/n) looked at him in alarm. "Zhu? Who's Zhu? Is that someone you know?" Ara asked. "That's the name of the fox isn't it?" Chung asked. (Y/n) was too busy holding his ears. "And you guys still aren't trying to keep your voices low. It's like you want me to suffer," (y/n) muttered.

         "Sorry," everyone apologized, lowering their voices a bit. Ara stared at him as if still waiting for his answer to Chung's question. (Y/n) huffed in annoyance. "Yeah, Zhu's the name of the fox I got my power from. No more questions, got that," (y/n) said as he stood up. "Maybe you shouldn't tr-" Ara said reaching oit and catching hold of (y/n)'s arm. He had almost fallen but stood firmly now.

         "I'm not staying here knowing that I'd actually have to wait and heal. I need to go meet Zhu with the others," (y/n) said. "You definately don't want to ne here when Vehar wakes up," Star muttered. "That too," (y/n) admitted. Vegar was a bit crazy at times and would no doubt do something stupid after realizing he nearly killed his best friend. "So Zhu has been with everyone else this whole time?" Chung asked.

         "I said no questions and I mean no questions. You aren't even supposed to know Zhu exists yet...also, Ara could you let me go now?" (y/n) said. Ara immediately let him go. "Sorry, i didn't mean to do that," she whispered, clearly flustered. It was sort of amusing. "You might want to go before Karu decides to pay you a visit. I'll cover for you as long as I can," Star said, making sure to keep his voice low.

         "Thanks kid," (y/n) said, ruffling Stars hair. Star actually didn't mind being called a kid. He was only seven afterall. Chung and Ara left first and (y/n) was about to go after them but Star stopped him. "(Y/n)...you'll come back alive right?" Star asked. (Y/n) looked him in his worried eyes and nodded. "If I haven't died yet, then nothing in this world can kill me," (y/n) said.

         And with that, he was headed off to find Zhu and maybe beat some sense into him for leaving him in the dark about certain things. As he left though, he could help but feel the same sense of dread as if something's bad was still waiting for him on the road ahead. "If tou somehoe hear this, Zhu, just know that you've got a beating waitng for you," (y/n) thought to keep his mind free of negativity...sort of.
____________________________________

See, not dead. Can't tell you why just yet but you'll find out soon enough. Until next time you remarkable readers!