Chapter 3

Yeah I got nothin...but the next chapter...
____________________________________

        "Wake up, kid. I need to fulfill my two hour requirement or else your soul will be put in danger," (y/n) heard as he was forced back into consciousness. He was somewhere completely different than the scenery from the forest, and he was exhausted despite having been unconcious. He found himself lying face first in the middle of sand, miles of it. The sun wasn't helping with its annoying heat although it was attempting a retreat behind the horizon.

        "Where are we, and how did we get here? I don't remember walking this far," (y/n) muttered, too tired to even sit up off of the hot sand that continued to burn against his skin. A paw appeared in his line of sight and he soon found himself staring into one of Zhu's emerald pupils.

        "You don't remember what happened do you? I guess it's a natural response. You'll remember in a second," Zhu said. (Y/n) huffed in fustration for he remembered every single frightening detail.

        "I already remember, Zhu. I just want to know how I got out here. I know I didn't walk here," (y/n) said.

        "Well of course not. I took over your body and got you this far. Since I'm able to ignore your natural fatigue and basic needs when I do that, I decided to get you as far as possible before I had to switch to my natural form," Zhu said.

        "Did it occur to you that I might die of starvation or thirst?" (y/n) questioned as he felt himself losing consciousness from lack of food and water.

        "I am aware, but I did get us pretty close to a village or something like that. If I'm correct, we should get there within the next three hours if you get up and start heading there now," Zhu said. (Y/n) sighed and managed to flip himself onto his back.

        "What don't you understand about human survival? Do you honestly not get that ignoring my basic needs is a bad thing?" (y/n) muttered. Zhu stood over him with his head tilted in curiousity.

        "Was I wrong to get you out of the predator's domain?" Zhu asked.

        "You're really dumb for a thousand year old fox. You know that right," (y/n) deadpanned.

        "This dumb thousand year old fox has saved your life twice already. It isn't my fault that I lived a majority of my years far away from humans. Your species annoys me," Zhu said.

        "You should still at least know that humans require food and water. That's common knowledge. Didn't you say you had a host before me anyway," (y/n) said as he slowly managed to sit up. It made him unpleasantly dizzy but he didn't want to stay out in the open for much longer.

        "I never said my host was human now did I?" Zhu said.

        "I honestly don't remeber," (y/n) sighed. He couldn't do anything more than just sit there since he didn't have any more energy left to spare.

        "I can replenish your energy if that's the problem, but your going to have to do everything else yourself," Zhu said as he nudged (y/n) with his snout. Slowly, (y/n) began to feel more energized and he was finally able to stand.

        "Thanks but please don't use up my energy like that ever again. I don't like knocking on death's door. It's not a fun experience," (y/n) said as he looking across the horizon using a hand to shade his eye a bit.

        "Just go straight ahead and you should make it there pretty easily. It's been a while since I've visited this area, so I can't be sure if the people here are hostile or not. I'm assuming they aren't," Zhu said.

         "There might not even be humans in this area. It's baren out here," (y/n) said with a huff of annoyance before he began to walk towards his supposed destination. Perhaps Zhu had simply forgotten the geography of Elrios and was just leading (y/n) to another near death experience. He honestly didn't care at that point.

        For about an hour and a half, (y/n) was able to keep walking until it was too dark to deem it safe to travel. He stopped in the middle of the desert although he could faintly see lights flickering in the distance. "You can't be serious. You're going to stop here? You're almost there! Just go ahead and get going so you can rest without worry," Zhu said, pushing (y/n) forward a bit.

        "We still don't know if there are hostiles here. I could be attacked if I get any closer than this," (y/n) reasoned. He sat down rubbing his throbbing head as he did his best to calm his racing heart. He wasn't as exhausted as he was earlier, but he certainly felt sick.

        "If you stay out here, you just might die. I can't let that happen," Zhu said biting the back of (y/n)'s shirt collar and lifting him up so that (y/n) now stood.

        "Zhu, I can't go any further okay. I need a real break," (y/n) said as he lightly pushed Zhu away from him. A sudden wave a painful nausea washed over him and (y/n) immediately dropped on all fours, mercilessly vomiting into the sand. "Just my luck. Now I'm sick and about to visit death again," he thought before flopping into a clear area in the sand. He stared up at the relatively empty sky and wondered why so much misfortune had come upon him. First his family and village and nearly his life. Then it was his food source and again nearly his life. And of course he was going to get sick and almost die because what kind of hardship would it be if near death wasn't included.

         "You don't have to worry about anything from here. It seems like there are people heading this way. They don't seem very hostile to me, and my two hours are complete. I'll be leaving you in their care. Go ahead and rest, kid. I suppose you'll need it before we start traveling again," Zhu said before disappearing. (Y/n) didn't bother replying and just lay there as the nighttime desert sounds began to make their way to his ears. Eventually, he did hear footsteps, but by then his vision was rather hazy and his senses were dulled.

         "You were right Vegar. There is someone out here. Is it safe to assume they aren't dangerous?" someone standing near (y/n) said.

        "He's close to dead. If he's hostile, we'll deal with him later. Right now, we need to save his life," someone, who (y/n) assumed was the one called Vegar, replied. The two people took hold of (y/n)'s arms and lifted him, but he didn't know what happened afterwards because he passed out. "Why does this always happen?" he thought before his consciousness was fully lost.
____________________________________

Don't worry, things will get better in the next chapter...or will they? Until next time you excellent readers!