Chapter 11

Binge write week is still going on. Sorry it took so long to get to this book but here I am with another chapter...
____________________________________

        He used his sharpened senses to scope the area and was correct when he found that there were hundreds of Trocks outside the lair alone. Who knew how many would be on the inside and now he along with a random team were supposed to storm the place and take down their leader to ask some questions? He'd done crazier things so maybe it wasn't so bad but still, it was a pretty insane concept.

        "They've all gathered here to guard their homeland. It's unusual to see so many outside and that only means that their cheif has become more hostile. As weird as it may seem, that's a bit out of the norm even for a Trock," (y/n) explained as he turned back to face the El Search Party. "I think we should let me clear a path and everyone can follow after me," Zhu said.

        "No. I'm going to keep you hidden for as long as I can. Not even the villagers in Sander who actually tolerate me have seen you so there's no way I'm willingly letting them see you," (y/n) thought in response. "It's going to get dark soon. Shouldn't we wait until morning to make any moves," Raven inquired. "No. They'll attack us anyway. We're too close to simply take a break here and if we leave they'll follow. Several of them are already heading this way," (y/n) said as he looked back towards the trocks.

        "Then we go now. Either way, they'll still be expecting us to attack. All we need to do is knock some sense into that Trock leader right?" Elsword said. (Y/n) smirked at the leaders words. "Glad someone understands. I'll follow your lead. Be sure to make use of the advice I gave," (y/n) said. Elsword nodded and glanced at some of his comrades. "Let's get through this and be done in time for dinner!" he said before charging forward.

        "I like the way this kid thinks. I'd also like dinner," Zhu said. "You don't even have to eat, Zhu. Besides, I'm not letting you run free until after a majority of them are asleep," (y/n) thought as he followed after the El Search Party. They immediately broke off into teams with Elsword and Elesis engaging in close range battle while Aisha supported them. Lu and Ciel were a quite ferocious duo on the battlefeild and (y/n) made a mental note not to anger Ciel in any way since Lu always seemed to be angry at something.

        Ara fought alongside Eve while Ain provided them with cover. Add and Chung alternated between medium and close range attacks while Rena and Raven worked in perfect unison as the classic swordsman covered by the archer. And (y/n)? He was everywhere. Although his tail and ears didn't make an apoearance, his eyes glowed as usual and his nails slightly sharpened into claws. He was careful not to actually kill any of the Trocks he attacked since he could use sparing their lives as an excuse later on during his desert travels.

         "(Y/n), you're too far ahead! Fall back before you get yourself surrounded!" Elesis could be heard calling. "I'm not ahead, all of you are just behind," he thought but complied with Elesis' wishes and slightly retreated. They weren't very far into the lair barely having gotten to through the outer ring of it. With two more to get through, (y/n) started to wonder if it was such a good idea to have the Search Party along with him. He was a bit too outmatched for them and he hadn't even released Zhu who would have easily disposed of a large number of Trocks.

        "We can't afford to lose any time. We simply need to fight our way to the center. Don't worry about finishing them off," Elsword commanded. (Y/n) was just about to rush forward when his name was called by none other than Elsword. "I need you to clear a path for us. We'll follow behind you but be careful not to get yourself hurt," Elsword said. (Y/n) was a bit honored that he was finally being relied on but didn't settle on the matter for long.

        "Can't you steal one soul along the way? Just one?" Zhu urged as (y/n) dodged a projectile weapon in mid air before landing and taking out three trocks as he did. "No. If I start that now, I wouldn't be able to stop. We haven't been soul hunting in days and that's never a good thing," (y/n) thought as he darted along. "(Y/n), allow me to help you," Ara said as she appeared not far behind him. He was a bit surprised that she was able to keep up with his running speed but she did.

        "Sure. Just don't get yourself hurt," (y/n) said, repeating Elsword's words. Ara slightly smiled a bit before she eruoted into a powerful aura complete with nine white fox tails and a pair of fox ears to match. Startled by the sudden transformation, (y/n) moved quickly to attack more Trocks to out some space between himself and Ara. He wasn't afraid but it did bother him that she also seemed to have a ninetailed fox on her side.

        "See! Didn't I tell you the Haans had a secret weapon! That girl knows Eun!" Zhu exclaimed as (y/n) froze in time to avoid a charging Trock. "Not now Zhu. I need to focus on the fight at hand, not a potential threat," (y/n) thought. He kept going with everyone close to making it to the Trock chieftains location until (y/n) spotted a rather dangerous obstacle ahead. "Everyone stop!" Ara yelped before (y/n) could give warning.

        They all did as Ara said and stayed still luckily without any remaining Trocks nearby. "Acidic poison. I didn't think there'd be pools of it just sitting in the middle of nowhere," (y/n) muttered as the dark purple liquid bubbled and steamed. "The other side is visible from here but not all of us are going to be able to cross it..." Aisha stated. "We shouldn't split the team like that. We don't know what we'll be up against," Elesis said for everyone seemed to understand what Aisha had implied.

        "We don't have much of a choice. Who knows they can make it across without any injuries?" Elsword said lookimg around at everyone. "I know that Ain amd I could make it across. I'm sure Ara could too," Aisha spoke up. Ain amd Ara nodded to confirm their ability. "I can make it of course. My dynamos are capable of keeping me out of that pool of poison," Add boasted. "Anyone else?" Elsword asked. (Y/n) sighed before spekaing up.

        "I could get across with ease," he muttered not really wanting to risk using much more of Zhu's power to enhance his abilities. It was already hard enough to surpress his tails and ears. "That's only five. You sure about this Elsword?" Rena pointed out. "I believe in them. Besides, all of us can help them oit by not letting any Trocks get past here. I'm sure there are reinforcements on the way," Elsword said with a nod. Aisha, Ain, and Ara nodded back.

        (Y/n) nor Add moved an inch both likely uneasy about having to cross a bubbling pool of acidic poison. "Good luck you guys. We'll be here waiting," Elesis said and just like that, (y/n) found himself plotting a very much deserved revenge against the Trocks for later on once everything was settled. Either that or planning out how he would knock cheiftan Trockta's lights out. Either way, a Trock was going to pay.
____________________________________

Got a chapter done and binge write week isn't over yet so another will follow soon enough. Until next time you spectacular readers!