Chapter 29

(As soon as Amara left school with Jacob.)

Edward's P.O.V:

The look on Amara's face hurt me more than the pain that Jane could induce. She protected a Mutt. And not just any Mutt, she protected Jacob. I glared at my car and clenched my hands. "Edward, her future disappeared. I can't see her." Alice said as she walked next to me.

I wished Jasper was here so he could calm me. The school thought he was sick while in reality, he was working on a gift for Alice. We got into my car and I took off towards our house. Once we arrived, I jumped out of the car and sped into the house.

"Carlisle!" I yelled as I entered. Carlisle came down the stairs and looked at me. "Edward? What's wrong?" Carlisle asked. "Amara went off with the wolves. Alice can't see them and now my Mate is with some very dangerous creatures.

I can't protect her when she's over there. God! What am I going to do?" I asked as I grabbed my head. By the time I was done speaking, The rest of the family had made their way to us. "Why don't we go to the living room?" Carlisle said.

I felt a wave of calm him me and I looked at Jasper. I nodded my head at him and smiled slightly. As we walked into the living room, I started to pace and my mind wandered. "What if she gets hurt?" I asked aloud.

When I was with Bella, my anxiety wasn't this bad. I felt like I was going to lose my mind. Another wave of calm hit me. I stopped, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. As I opened them again, I darted out the back door and ran into the forest.

I couldn't stay in the house. I needed to leave and hunt. I ran as fast I could and caught the scent of some deer that were close to the house in a clearing. I attacked one of them and started to drain it. As I was feeding, I heard a twig snap.

I whipped around and snarled at the person who entered the clearing. Jasper held up hands and came to a stop when I snarled. I snapped out of the hunting frenzy I was in and stood up. "Jasper?" I asked.

"I knew you were really upset and I thought you might like it if I kept you company." Jasper said. I tried for a smile but it didn't work. "Don't do that. I know what your feeling. Don't bottle it up." Jasper said as he moved to my side.

I just nodded at him and turned back to hunt. Suddenly, it was like something inside me snapped. I turned and punched the nearest tree. The sound of wood cracking filled the air as I took my frustration out on the trees.

We were out there for hours when, a ear splitting scream cut through the clearing. I knew it was Amara. I froze and looked at Jasper with fear on my face. We both started running towards the house. We were miles from the house and it had taken us thirty minutes at vampire speed to get here.

As we got closer to the house, Alice appeared with a panicked look on her face. "Edward! Carlisle just got a call from Derek. Amara was attacked and she isn't healing." Alice said. Upon hearing those words, my heart sank and I took off as fast as I could to the house.

I burst through the door, not even caring that I had broken it. Carlisle was running around the house getting things set up. His head shot up when he heard the door break. "Edward, I need you to come with me. The rest of you, finish setting up." Carlisle said as he ran to the garage.

Carlisle unlocked the car and I jumped into the drivers side. Carlisle got into the passenger side and handed me the keys. I turned on the car and pealed out of the garage. I drove as fast as I could towards the border and prayed that Amara would be okay.

Derek's P.O.V:

I pulled out my phone and dialed Dr. Cullen's number. "Hello?" Dr. Cullen answered. "We need your help. Can you meet us at the border? Amara is hurt and she isn't healing." I said. "Derek." Sam said to me.

I turned to him and he held out his hand. "Hello, Carlisle. We need your permission for one of my boys to cross the border with the Hale Pack." Sam said. "You have my permission." Carlisle said. I held out my hand for my phone and waited.

"Thank you." Sam said as before he handed me my phone. "We're gong to load her up into our car and head your way." I said before I hung up. I turned back to the counter where Amara was and saw the Twins were struggling.

"Harmony? Jackson? Take over for the Twins." I said as Peter moved to my side. The two betas nodded and switched places with Ethan and Aiden. "Issac? Go get my car. We need to go." I said as I walked over to Jacob.

"Are you going with us?" I asked the younger boy. He nodded his head and moved to my little sister. "Jacob." Sam called. I watched as Jacob's head snapped towards Sam. "Be careful." Sam said. Jacob nodded and turned back to my sister.

I heard the car pull around and let out a sigh of relief. "We need to get her to the car." I said. The others nodded and moved so I could pick her up. "Can I?" Jacob asked. I raised an eyebrow at him but relented.

Jacob easily picked up my sister and turned to me. "Let's go." I said as I turned away from him and headed to my car. As soon as we walked out the door, a black van pulled up and Jared got out of the drivers seat.

"I figured that you would like more room to move her." Jared said as he tossed me the keys. I nodded my head in thanks and turned to the Hale pack. "Okay. Harmony? Jackson? Your with me. So are you, Jacob.

The others will drive our cars back." I said as I tossed Peter my keys. I got into the drivers seat and started the car. The others did as they were told and headed to the cars. I took off as soon as the doors closed and sped as fast as I could to the border.