Chapter 6

Edward and I finished the notes and had some free time to talk. "Killing stupid people seems wrong." Edward said. "I'm not saying, 'Let's kill all the stupid people.' I'm just saying, let's remove all the warnings labels and let the problem sort itself out." I replied with a smirk.

Edward opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by a squeaky voice, "Hi! My name's Bella. I'm Edward's girlfriend." I looked over to see the brunette who was originally sitting in this seat glaring slightly at me. She used an overly chirpy voice and I could smell the jealousy coming off of her in droves.

I gave her my smirk and said, "Hey. It's nice to meet you." Aiden walked over and stood behind me. He put a hand on my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. I knew he was trying to make sure I was calm.

"It was great talking to you, Edward. Aiden and I have to go to a free period next. Maybe I'll see you later." I said as I grabbed my bag. "I have a free period also. Let's hang out together." Edward said. "We would like that. Thank you." Aiden said for both of us.

"Let me just walk Bella to her next class and then we can hang out together with my sister Alice." Edward said. I smiled at the mention of the tiny girl's name. "She's your sister?" I asked as we walked out of the classroom together.

"My adopted sister. She couldn't wait to meet you two." Edward said. I smiled and tried to listen to his heartbeat, but I didn't hear anything. I froze and turned to Aiden. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked even though I wasn't asking.

I turned back to Edward and sent him a smile. "Where should we meet you?" I asked. "I usually hang out by the forest. How about you meet me by the lunchroom." Edward said. I smiled and nodded at him.

I grabbed Aiden's hand and dragged him to an empty classroom. I shut the door and turned to Aiden. "Did you notice that?" I asked. "The no heartbeat? Yeah, I noticed it. What do you think it is?" Aiden asked.

"I don't know. Right now, we just have to act like nothing happened. I'll call Stiles tonight and see if he can dig up any info about what they are. I'll also let my brother and uncle know." I said as I glanced around.

"Let's got meet Edward." I said I headed to the door. We walked over to the door and Aiden pulled it open. I walked out and headed for the doors that lead outside. Aiden followed right behind me. I pushed the doors open and looked around.

I spotted Edward and Alice talking to each other. I stopped and used my hearing to see what they were talking about. "Edward, I'm telling you. She's the one! She's your mate! I've seen it." Edward shook his head at this.

"She can't be. It has to be Bella. I mean, Amara isn't even human. Alice, you said it yourself she's some kind of supernatural being. What if they are here to hurt us?" Edward said. Then his head snapped up and he looked over at us.

"You heard all that, didn't you?" Edward asked. "Pretty much. Yeah." I said. "So what now?" Edward asked. "You tell me." I replied. "Why don't we go to our house and explain everything there." Alice said. I glanced at her and smiled.

"Only if you tell us one thing." I asked. "What would that be?" Edward asked. "Why you don't have heartbeats?" I asked. Both Edward and Alice froze. "You could hear that?" Alice asked in a low voice. "It's not hard to miss." I said.