Chapter 21

Edward's P.O.V.

Bella and I were in free period together when I heard an extremely loud howl. I looked over at the twins who were in the Library with us. Both their heads shot up and their eyes flashed blue. They jumped out of their seats and ran to the door.

I got up from my seat and moved to follow them. "Edward? Where are you going?" Bella asked. "I'm going after them. Something's wrong." I said as I moved away from her. "Why do you care?" Bella asked as she followed me.

The twins ran outside and toward's the forest. Jackson, and Issac were a head of us and were moving at speed's that I didn't think a human could move at. "Edward! Wait!" Bella yelled as she ran behind me.

I didn't stop and I didn't falter. That howl meant something to the boys. Alice appeared at my side and I could hear her mind. <She's having a flashback. She needs you.> Alice thought. I nodded at Alice and took off faster then the boys were moving at.

I left Bella behind and I didn't care. All she was to me was a blood-singer. She didn't mean anything to me. I didn't love her. I was in-love with the fact that I couldn't read her mind. I exposed us to a human girl for nothing.

I ran into the clearing and saw Amara on the ground holding her stomach. A scarlet stain was on her shirt. Images of a girl with short brown hair flashed across my mind. A scream resonated in my mind and I fell to the ground holding my head.

I watched the memory Amara was having like a movie. A girl named Allison got stabbed and a boy with short, curly hair caught her. The others caught up to me by now. "Edward? What is she seeing?" Aiden asked as he moved to her side.

Bella finally made it to the clearing. "What's going on?" Bella asked as she ran to my side. I paid no attention to Bella as I turned to Aiden. "She's reliving the death of a girl named Allison. Who is she?" I asked.

"I think you mean who was she." Issac said. "She was a huntress that died." Aiden said. "Allison died. She died saving her friends. I never even got to say goodbye." Issac said. Amara's eyes snapped open and she gasped for air.

"I wasn't fast enough." Amara whispered. If I didn't have supernatural hearing, I wouldn't have been able to hear it. "Don't say that. It wasn't your fault. There wasn't anything you could have done." Ethan said as he moved to her side.

"Yes there was! I should have been faster! What's the point of being an Alpha, if I can't even save my friends! I watched as she bled to death! I almost lost Aiden!" Amara yelled as she tried to push herself up from the ground.

"Your bleeding." Jackson said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "Is anyone going to tell me what's going on?" Bella asked. All heads snapped towards her. "Why are you here?" Amara asked with a sneer.

"My boyfriend ran here and I followed. Now what's going on?" Bella asked again. "Jackson." Amara asked. "On it." Jackson said as he moved towards Bella. I got up from my position on the ground and moved over to Jackson.

"What are you going to do?" I asked. "What I do best. Paralyze." Jackson said as his eyes turned into yellow slits. Claws extended from his hands and a tail wrapped around Bella's waist. Jackson pulled Bella close to him and made a small cut on the back of her neck.