Chapter 9

"This is my family. My father, Carlisle, is standing next to brunette who is my mother. Her name is Esme. The blond next to the Big one is Rosalie. The Big one's name is Emmett. The one next to Alice is Jasper." Edward said as he introduced us to his family.

I nodded at this and said, "Well, my name is Amara. To my right is my older brother, Derek. To my left is my younger brother, Aiden. And right behind me is my Uncle Peter." I said as I pointed my pack out.

"What would you like to know?" I asked. "What are you?" Edward asked. "We'll tell you if y'all tell us what y'all are." I said. "Fair enough." Carlisle said. I took in a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves.

Suddenly, I felt calm. I knew that wasn't normal. "We are werewolves." I said. Carlisle's eyes widened. "I thought the children of the moon were extinct?" Carlisle asked. "That's the thing. We are called Half-breeds. Only the Bite of an Alpha change you. You can also be born into it.

I'm an Alpha. A True Alpha. A True Alpha is a canine werewolf who rises to rank solely on the strength of their character, their virtue and sheer willpower. The True Alpha is the rarest form of alpha, shrouded in myth and is said to appear once in a 100 years.

There are two True Alpha's every 100 years. One male and one female. A werewolf cannot rise to rank if they ever kill someone. Also, A True Alpha's power can only be absorbed or taken by a beta of their own making." I said.

"How did you become a True Alpha?" Esme asked. "There was a creature called a Darach. She used to be a Druid. A Druid is a priest, magician, or soothsayer in the the pack and is protected at all costs by the pack.

A power hungry Alpha made a Pack of Alphas that wanted me and Scott. He's the Other True Alpha. One of the Alpha's in the Alpha pack nearly killed her Druid but couldn't finish the job. The druid drew power from he nemeton. The nemeton is a powerful thing that draws Supernatural creatures to it.

The Darach went on to murder, or as she liked to call them, Sacrifice people. In the end, my brother, Derek made a stupid deal with her and went to go fight Scott and Ducalian. Ducalian was a powerful Alpha Called a Demon Wolf.

Scott's mother, Allison's and Stile's father's were kidnapped and were going to be the last sacrifices she needed to kill the Demon Wolf. I went after the Adults and Scott went to stop The Darach.

I arrived when the place was collapsing and Issac was losing strength to hold the roof up. I pushed him out of the way and took the weight myself. My eyes were a bright yellow then. I thought of all the people who would be affected if I failed.

That changed my eyes to red. I was able to keep it up until Stiles arrived with his Bat. My status as a beta was changed into an Alpha." I said. After this explanation, there was silence.

"Would you like something to eat?" Esme asked. I looked at the others and then back at Esme. I smiled and nodded. "If it's not to much trouble." I said to her with a sweet smile.