Chapter 14

We pulled up to the beach and I turned off my bike. As I pulled off my helmet, I caught a scent of a wolf. "Boys!" I called. The boys looked at me with confusion on their faces. "Do you smell that?" I asked. Each of them took a deep breath and let out a low snarl.

"What should we do?" Ethan asked. "Nothing. We do nothing. Act like we don't know anything. We act like normal teens at the beach." I said. The boys nodded and walked over to where I was. "One of us needs to stay with Amara at all times." Aiden said.

"I agree. If the pack catches her scent, they might try to attack her." Jackson said as he put an arm around my shoulder. I looked around and saw a cliff jutting out over the ocean. "Who wants to do something fun?" I asked.

This caught the boy's attention. "Like what?" Aiden asked. "Cliff jumping." I said. As one, their eyes lit up and they all had mischievous smirks on their faces. I knew what they were thinking and it scared me. I pulled away from my pack and took off towards the cliff.

"Stay the fuck away from me." I screamed as I ran away from the boys and towards the cliff. For a normal human, it would take two hours to get there. For a werewolf, it took thirty minutes. I was nearing the edge of the cliff when I heard the boys.

I pulled off my shoes and my jackets. I was in my sports bra and jeans. The boys ran through the line of trees without their shirts. Their six packs were showing and they looked like they worked out. A lot. "The first one to shove me off the cliff gets food from anywhere on me." I said.

I waited for a second and then as an afterthought, I said, "No using claws and no using tails!" The boys groaned at this. Jackson looked put out. I rolled my eyes and said, "This is why I'm the Alpha." I got into a fighting position and waited.

Third P.O.V.

Aiden charged at Amara at full speed and tried to catch her off guard. He threw a left hook, which she caught and threw him to the ground. Ethan charged at Amara next, but he was more tactical about it. He looked for weak spots in her positioning.

Amara was expecting that and kicked his legs out from under him. Jackson waited till Amara was distracted with Ethan to get into position. Jackson climbed a tree and got into one of the branches that were hanging over the two werewolves that were fighting.

Amara threw Ethan to the ground and looked around for Jackson. He wasn't in sight and that made her nervous. Ethan and Aiden jackknifed to their feet and charged at her at the same time. Elise hit Aiden in the face, dislocating his jaw.

She then spun around and kicked Ethan in the stomach. The twins stumbled backwards and Elise heard a crack of a branch. Acting on instinct, Elise threw herself into a back-flip and moved away from her spot that she was in.

Amara saw eight people watching the fight. Seven were males and one was a female. Amara looked into one of the boys' eyes and couldn't look away. Jackson jumped down from where he was in the tree and kicked Amara while she wasn't paying attention.

Ethan and Aiden each grabbed an arm and moved to throw her off the cliff. That's when the group made themselves known. "Are you trying to kill her?" The oldest one asked. Jackson narrowed his eyes at them and moved to get in front of Amara.

Ethan and Aiden both let go of her and moved protectively in-front of Amara.  Aiden spoke first. "Why would we try to kill our friend?" The oldest boy looked at Amara and asked, "Are they bothering you?" Amara took a breath and was about to speak when the wind shifted.