Chapter 16

It had been a few days since that little scene in the graveyard. I felt like a different person. I knew who I was and how I used to feel but I was powerful again. It was what I needed. I would look at Klaus and remember the feelings I had but not feel them anymore.

"What are we going to do about her Niklaus?" I heard Elijah say to his brother. It's cute that they think they can control me. I wasn't going to do anything stupid unless they did first. I decided I was going to go out. "Where do you think you are going?" Klaus asked me. "Wherever the hell I want."

"No you are to stay right here until we fix your problem." "What my humanity being gone? There's nothing you can do to "fix" me, Klaus." I turned and walked away. Klaus got in front of me and said, "You are going anywhere." "Oh, really? And who is going to stop me?" I asked. I love that he thinks he can tell me what to do. "You will leave when I say you can leave." I laughed at that statement. "What is so funny?" he asked me. "Klaus, I am stronger than you and more powerful so I will do anything I feel like doing and neither you nor your siblings can stop me. And before you think of doing anything to me that could take away my power or screw me over in any way, every thing that happens to me happens to you and payback is a bitch." I turned and walked out.

I went into town and was approached by Marcel. "What do you want?" I asked. "To see how you're doing Katy," he said. He was walking on eggshells. "Marcel, I am perfectly fine. I don't have my humanity, but I have all of my power." "that's what I'm afraid of," he mumbled user his breath but I could still I hear him. "Marcel, as long as no one gives me a reason to do anything drastic, then New Orleans is safe." "Why'd you do it Katy?" "I'd like to know that myself," a voice said coming up to us. I turned to see Elijah. I rolled my eyes. "Because you needed help and I knew it would help." I walked away from both of them. I was not going to be questioned. I walked down the street and decided to go see Davina and Josh. As soon as Davina saw me she knew that something was different. "Katy, what's going on?" "Oh, Marcel didn't tell you?" She shook her head. "I don't have any humanity." I went and took a seat. "What do you want?" she asked me. I honestly didn't know what I wanted. "Honestly I just want something to do. Klaus is getting on my nerves, Elijah is just a pest, and I'm not going to deal with a pregnant werewolf." "So why are you here?" Josh asked. "Well, Klaus is pissing me off. he thinks he is the king of New Orleans and that he can control me, I want to show him that he's not and he can't." They both looked at me not knowing what I meant. "I want to take over and I can use your help. We can show Klaus he doesn't scare us." "And he can kill us." "Actually he can kill you, I'm safe. And you'll be safe under my protection if you want to do this." They looked at each other and didn't say anything for a few minutes. "I'll give you some time to decide. Actually I believe Klaus and Elijah are throwing a party tonight. You can tell me then."
I went back home and looked around as the place was already flooding with people. I went to my room and changed clothes. Rebekah saw me and came up to me. "What do you want?" I asked her. "What makes you think I want something?" "According to everyone I'm now a ticking time bomb and that means you are either spying on me for your brothers or you want my assistance in something." She looked at me knowing that I was right and i said, "Exactly." I turned and walked away from her. These people were constantly underestimating me and it was starting to piss me off, but I guess that was because I'm so prideful. "Katy," Rebekah called from behind me, "i just want to help you." I turn my head to her, "I don't need your help, or anyone else's."