Chapter 35

Song: Alive -Sia

My life has been so long. I'm more than two thousand years old. I've lost my sister and my daughter. When I've loved I loved hard and I've paid the consequences for every decision I've made, good or bad. Today would be the biggest day of my life. I was going to get my freedom and be able to live the rest of my days with my husband. I would truly be alive. I got up a little early and decided to go on a run. I wanted to clear my mind. I knew what I wanted. I thought about my whole life. Every mistake, every selfish choice, every selfless choice, every single decision no matter how small passed through my mind. Because it all lead me here. I ran about three miles and turned back to go back to the house. When I got back home Matt was awake. "Hey," I said walking in the kitchen to him. "How was your run?" He asked kissing me on the cheek. "Good." I said. He looked at me like something was wrong. "Are you okay?" he asked. "I'm fine. I promise. I just want to get this over with." "So do I." I kissed him and he walked over to get me a bottle of water. "So what exactly will this spell do again?" He asked. "It will break the link between Klaus and I. Meaning that everything that makes me immortal will be gone. And it won't speed up my aging it will allow me to live the rest of my days as a completely normal witch." "And it won't hurt the baby?" "According to Sara it is just breaking a spiritual link. Nothing about me psychically will be affected."
"So no?"
"The baby and I will be fine."
"Good."
I went to have lunch with Caroline and made an appointment with a doctor about the baby. "Are you hoping for a boy or girl?" Caroline asked me. "I don't care why it is. Just that it's healthy and safe." "Good answer," she said, "now which one? Boy or girl?"
"I'd really like another girl since I didn't get to raise my last one but a boy would be nice too." "Well, as the godmother, I hope it's a girl." "A godmother Caroline, there are three of you and four godfathers."
"True but still."
"At least I wanted know if anything ever happens to us there will be seven good people to look after him or her."
I wasted the whole day. I didn't know what to do with myself. It was finally about 8:30 I drove to the edge of the Lockwood property where the spell had to take place. Sara, Davina and Klaus were there. "Since another witch is here I figured I could use the help. Plus I need witch blood," Sara said. "And you couldn't have chosen better help," I said. Matt and Stefan arrived a few minutes later. We were waiting on Elena and Damon. "We need to start soon," Sara said, "What are we waiting on?"
"The doppelgänger," Klaus said.
"Actually Stefan is a doppelgänger so we can use his blood, right?" I asked.
Sara nodded her head, "Yeah that'll work." Sara made us stand in a line. From left to right it was Stefan, Davina, Matt, Klaus, and then me. Sara has us move into a circle shape and we each had to hold out our left hand. Suddenly there was a ring of fire around us. We each had to cut our hand to get the fresh blood and we bled into the circle that was in the middle of us. Sara said the spell and she had a stone. She had me and Klaus bleed on it and then she put it in the middle of us all. She continued the spell and as she said the last words the stone broke and I hit the ground. I turned and Klaus was down too. Matt ran to me. I could feel my heart beat. I could breath. I felt alive. I stood up as did Klaus. I walked to him and hugged him. "Thank you, Niklaus." Without saying a word he left. I went to Sara and thanked her. I looked at Matt and ran to him and kissed him. "It's finally over," I said. I kissed him and we left. Eight and a half months later we had a beautiful baby boy. We named him Jacob Riley Donovan. It was a good life. I have been happy ever since that day. I gave Elijah and Niklaus up but I have then up for a life time of happiness with a man who was too good for me but married me anyways. Jacob is four years old now and Matt is the sheriff. It wasn't really over after that day this town literally went through Hell thanks to my daughter.  But that's a story for another day. I do miss my old life sometimes, but then I look into the eyes of my husband and my son and it melts away. Nothing will ever change that. So that's my story. It wasn't that interesting, well I guess it was. Living it was different from telling it. Maybe you enjoyed my story maybe you didn't, but my son one day will need to know who his mother was. Thank you for listening to my story. I would live happily ever after❤️ or so I thought.