Chapter 18

With Silas in town and Katherine in town I was babysitting two psychopaths. I was the only person who knew Silas well enough to see his true face. He had Bonnie fooled into think she knew his true face. I needed to help him because we wanted the same thing, Amara. I needed my sister. I missed her and I wanted to be with her. She was the only friend I had until we met Silas. Since I was a witch, our father wanted nothing to do with me. He threw me out and Amara left too. She wasn't going to leave me by myself. When she was taken from me, I lost everything. 

Silas was messing with everyone. Klaus, Caroline, Bonnie, and everyone else. I tried to make him stop but he didn't want to not until he got the cure and destroyed the anchor. I knew that something was going on when i got home. "Who has it?" I asked. "Where is the cure?" Elena looked at me and said,"When Bonnie put the veil back up , Katherine came at me and attacked me. We fought and I shoved it down her throat." "You did what?" I asked getting angry. Great now there is a doppelganger I have to protect and it was Katherine. "I had to." I left the house and called Silas. "You're going to want to find Katherine.  Elena force fed her the cure. Silas, do not kill her." "If you don't want her dead you better find a way to get the cure without draining her dry." "i will take care of it." I hung up and got in my car. I tried to call Katherine and she didn't answer. I left her a message, "Katherine, please call me. Silas is looking for you and he will kill you. The cure is in your blood and he will kill you to get it. Please call me." I threw my phone in the seat and tried to drive around to find her. She was a lost cause for now. I had to figure out where Katherine was. I went to the house to see if she was there. Dead end. I went into town and started looking in the town square. I saw Matt and Ibegan to  walk to him to him because I thought he may have seen her. I was stopped by Silas. "Hello, Katy." "What Silas?" "Where is Katherine?" he asked me. Matt saw me talking to him and started to walk towards us. I waved my hand using magic to stop him. "I am looking for her but if you keep distracting me I won't be able to find her." "I don't think I am the one distracting you," he said gesturing to Matt. "Matt ended things with me because of you." "No it was because you lied about about knowing me." "I wanted to put that behind me. I wanted to move forward with my life. Forget about you and," I stopped because I never wanted to think it was true, but it was. "You wanted to forget about Amara?" "Yes, Silas. I will always love my sister, but it has been two thousand years and I thought you and her were both lost causes. I was in love and happy." I stopped myself before I started crying. "I just need you to find Katherine, then we can find and destroy the anchor and you will be able to have that." "No I won't." "What are you talking about?" "It doesn't matter. I'll keep looking for Katherine." I walked away from him and towards Matt. "Are you alright?" he asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just wondering if you had seen Katherine. I need to find her." "No I haven't. What is going on? You seemed to me in a pretty heated conversation." "It's nothing, Matt. Uh, I gotta go." I started to walk away and he grabbed my wrist. I didn't turn around, but he started talking. "Katy, what is going on?" "Nothing you need to worry about, Matt." "I am always the one kept in the dark, I want to know what is going on." I turned around and said, "I am looking for Katherine because Elena force fed her the cure and now Silas needs her blood to be able to cure himself, be a witch again, find the anchor destroy it, and find Amara. But I have a sneaking suspicion that there is one witch who is not going to let that happen. There you happy?" My phone started ringing. I looked at it to see Katherine's name appear on the screen. "Katherine, where are you?" I asked walking away from Matt. "I'm hiding in an ally because Silas has compelled the entire town to look for me." "All right, I am on my way to pick you up and I'll take you somewhere safe." I walked to my car and Matt followed me. "Matt what are you doing?" I asked him. "Helping. What is going on?" "Silas compelled everyone in town to look for Katherine, if he gets to her first he'll kill her." "Well, I can't believe I am about to say this,let's go save Katherine." We ot in the car and went to find her. 

We went to my house I had about an hour and a half outside of Mystic Falls. "We should be safe here. Katherine you can go rest in the guest room." She thanked me and walked down the hall to the room. "I am going to start to look for a spell or something to keep her safe." I went into the other room and grabbed three different grimoires to look for a spell. "There is another guest room upstairs if you want to go to sleep," I told Matt. "I'll just lay down on the couch." I walked into the kitchen and sat the grimoires on the table and began to look through them. I had drank 6 cups of coffee. The next time I looked at the clock it was 2:28. I started to fall asleep and I knocked my mug off of the table. "Shit," I whispered to myself. I peaked into the living room to see if Matt was still asleep he was. I went and checked on katherine too. She must be exhausted. I walked back into the kitchen and began to pick up the broken glass. "have you been up all night?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw Matt. "Yeah, i have been looking for some kind of spell or something to get the cure out of Katherine without him drinking it out of her. Oh and i broke a mug." He laughed lightly and helped me pick up the mug. I went to get a towel to clean up the coffee. I turned around and Matt was throwing away broken mug. I walked over and cleaned the coffee. "How have you been?" he asked. "We haven't really talked since-" "You kicked me out?" I cut him off. "I've been fine, Matt." "You are the one that lied." "I wanted to leave that life in the past." "But you didn't have to lie. With everything that has happened over the last five years the one thing you didn't have to do was lie to me." "But I did and I can't change that. I would give anything in the world to change it but I can't." I was getting upset and I was really trying not to. "I am just going to go to bed." I closed the grimoires and I stacked them on the table. "I really am sorry Matt. You were the only person I never wanted to lie to." I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and I closed the door. I hated this. I really did love him. I decided to go to bed. i could really use some sleep after today.