Chapter 26

I started to head back home, but I decided to take the long way and think about what my next move would be. Oliver was right, I shouldn't be scared, but I still was, sort of.
When I got back, Klaus was no where to be found. "Kaitlynn, where were you?" Elijah asked me. "I needed a night to myself. I'm fine I promise." I kissed his cheek. My phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. STEFAN popped up on the screen. I answered it, "Hello?" "Katy, you need to come and quickly." "What's going on Stefan?" "I'll explain when you get here just hurry." I hung up and looked at Elijah, "I have to go." "Go, it'll be fine." I went and packed a bag and left.

I pulled into the driveway of the Salvatore house. I walked in and called out for Stefan. "Katy?" he said walking towards me. I saw him and hugged him. "What's going on?" I asked. I walked in further and saw Caroline and Damon. "Katherine was dying and she took over Elena's body." "Wait, what?" I asked. "Elena is slowly being sent into Katherine's dead body and Katherine is trying to continue her life," Caroline said. "The one thing she is good at is survival," I mumbled, "So what's the plan?" "Bonnie is trying to find the ancient knife thingy that will send her out of Elena's body, and then Katherine will no longer be a problem," Caroline said. "Watch it. She is my daughter," I said. "She knows that we know," Stefan said, "so you may be our secret weapon." "I'm getting the feeling that you all want me to lure my daughter to her death?" I asked. No answer, from anyone. "I won't do that. I will do whatever I can to save Elena, but I will not help you kill my daughter." I left the house and went into town. I didn't my daughter to die. If I had to choose between her and Elena, it would be Katherine every time, but what she is doing is wrong. I went to the grill. Drinking was my new go to problem solver. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I don't want to kill my daughter, but I can't let her keep doing this. My phone started ringing. I looked at it to see CAROLINE. I didn't want to answer, so I didn't. My phone vibrated to let me know I had a new voicemail. I knew she was going to tell me that should do what's right and help Elena and bleh bleh. I sat there drinking for quite a while. Someone came and sat beside me. I didn't realize who it was at first. Then they started talking. "You know drinking isn't the best way to respond to things." "You really want to give me advice on how to handle things, Damon?" "Look, I don't want to be here because I don't like you much either, but Elena's life is in the balance." "And I need to make the right choice," I said mockingly tanking another swig of beer, "You want me to kill my daughter, and I don't think I can." "Actually," he said, "we just need you to get her attention. If you get her to the house we will take care of everything." I shook my head and took another drink. "Damon, if you want to kill my daughter, you're going to have to get her yourself." I stood up and walked out.
I sat in my car. Stefan was calling me again. I decided to go home. I was done here. Suddenly my passenger door opened and Katherine got in. "Hi, Katy," she said. "Katherine what are you doing?" I didn't even care that she wasn't supposed to know that I knew. "I have survive."
"Nadia was willing to give herself up. Did you just want to be a bitch and screw with Elena, or did you want Stefan?" Her expression made it clear I was right. "Stefan? That's what this is about? Really, Katherine?" I started my car and she tried to say something, but I put her to sleep. When she woke up we were outside the Salvatore house. I was tearing up. "So all that other stuff was for show?"
"No," I started, "the last thing I want is you to die and I already mourned you once and it is selfish of you to do this. You died, Elena didn't." She didn't speak and we for out of the car. I knocked on the door and then opened it. Katherine walked in ahead of me. We stood in front of Matt, Bonnie, Caroline, Damon, and Stefan. She walked around the room to each one of them making snide comments to them. Then she got to Stefan. He did it. I watched as he stabbed her. Although it was Elena's body, it was my daughter. I was having to experience this all over again. "Am I done here?" I asked. No one answered. I walked out to my car and got in. I heard a knock on my window. It was Caroline. "I rolled down the window and said, "What do you want Caroline?" "I wanted to say I'm sorry. As horrible as Katherine has been to everyone, and I can't possibly understand watching your child die, twice, but I am sorry." I nodded in thanks and drove away. I hated this feeling, and what was worse was I didn't have anyone to help me through this. It was like losing my sister all over again. I wanted to just leave and go back to New Orleans but there was just more pain there. I wanted to go somewhere familiar. I went to the falls. I sat at the edge of the waterfall. I had so many memories here. All of them ended with death. Mine, Klaus's, Elijah's, Elena's, Stefan's, Caroline's, Amara's, Silas's and now Katherine's. I couldn't lose anyone else. I got in my car and drove to New Orleans. I knew that I had to choose what I wanted so I could take control of my life and not lose anyone else. It was the middle of the night and I finally got home. I walked up to his bedroom door and just stood there for a minute. I stared at the door for a moment. I was going to choose him. I loved him. I always loved him. No matter what my feelings are for his brother, I loved him. I knocked on the door and he opened it. He started to asked what I was doing, but my lips crashed with his before he could get the words out.
💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💙💜💙💜💙
Hello my dears! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You are all wonderful and I can't thank you enough for your votes and comments. I hope you are all enjoying the story.