Chapter 20

We arrived back in Mystic Falls at the Salvatore house. I walked in and everyone looked at me. Matt stood up and said,"Katy? What are you doing here?" "I'm here to see Katherine."
"Over my dead body," Elena said standing trying to come at me. I grabbed her by the neck and threw her against a wall. "There's nothing more I'd like to see than your dead body Elena, but I'm not going to do that. Now if you or anyone in this room tries to stop me from seeing her I will not hesitate to kill you." I let her out of my grip and saw Stefan come down the stairs. "Katy, she's up stairs." I walked up the stairs and asked Stefan if he could wait outside. "Yeah, sure."
I walked into the room and saw her lying on the bed. I hated seeing her like this. I walked over and sat on the bed by her. "Katy?" she asked. "Hey," I said quietly," it's me." "Its nice to know that I really did have at least one friend."
"Katherine, I need to tell you something. Klaus brought me here because he thought it would turn my emotions back on." "What are you talking about?" She asked.
"I have a story. Years ago, I lived in Bulgaria and I was pregnant. The life I lived was no life for a child. I met this woman who couldn't have children and we made a deal, she gives me a home and she can have the baby. When that time came she took it and I left. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. As years went by I would go and see her but I never let her remember that she saw me. And like mother like daughter I guess she had a baby out of wedlock. She was banished from her home and went to England. And she died in England. I watched my daughter hang herself." Katherine looked at me. "Katy what are you talking about?"
"My daughter lived though and as she grew up I saw that the curse put on me was meant to keep me close to my daughter. And I did, I stayed with her as a friend. But one night, the most horrible thing happened, something no mother ever wants to see. My daughter killed herself, she died and became what I wanted to protect her from and now I'm watching her die all over again." I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "Katy what are you saying?" she asked. I grabbed her hand and took a deep breath. "You are my daughter, Katherine." She was in shock. "No my mother was murdered by Klaus." "No, your adopted mother was killed by Klaus. I am your mother." She was crying, but she was also smiling. "I knew you were in my life for a reason because no matter what I did to you, you were there for me." "A mother doesn't leave her child." She smiled. I sat her hand on her stomach and said,"You need to rest. I'll be back later." "Am I going to die?" she asked me. "Your Katherine Pierce, you're a survivor." She laid her head back and I got up and walked out. I was crying and I wiped the tears from my face and Stefan stood in front of me. "Watch her for me?" He nodded. I walked down stairs to see that everyone had been listening. "Katherine is your daughter?" Elena asked. "Yes, Elena." Suddenly Nadia emerged into the living room. "Nadia, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Let's keep this simple. I need the dopplegangers and you need to find Matt. I buried him on the property and without his magic little ring." She tossed the ring at me. I caught it. I was ready to tear her throat out. I went to search for Matt. I couldn't find him. I help his ring and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and looked for him. I ran to where the ring led me and I found him. He climbed out of the safe after I opened it. "Katy?" he asked. "Yeah, it's me." He came towards me and I held out his ring. "You might want that back." "What is going on?" "Well, Nadia buried you so she can get Elena and Stefan to go with she somewhere." "I mean with you. Why are you back? After what happened, you didn't even know who I was." "In New Orleans, something happened and I turned off my humanity to save Elijah." "Right, Elijah. So you gave up your humanity to save him?" "Matt, I gave it up to keep Klaus from killing him and Rebekah." "Why?" he asked. "What do you mean why?" I asked. "I wasn't going to let Klaus kill them." "Katy, tell me the truth." "Because I love him. Is that what you wanted to hear Matt? Yes I love Elijah. I gave up my humanity to save him because I love him." I was getting upset. "I'm leaving. Please keep Katherine safe. Let me know when she dies." I walked away and went back to my car to drive to New Orleans.