Chapter 4

Klaus and I were decent towards one another. He walked me back to my apartment building. "Well I'm going to go to bed. I'm tired and I have to work tomorrow." "Good night, Katlynn." I walked into the building. I went to my apartment and took my jacket off. Suddenly I smelled smoke and I went to the living room and it was on fire. I tried to put it out but it was the witches. I tried to run to the door but got blocked by more fire. I fell onto the ground being chocked my smoke. I was getting lightheaded and I couldn't breath. everything began to fade black.

Klaus POV

When I left Katlynn's home I headed back to my own. Before I got to far I heard something.i turned to see a huge cloud of smoke. I ran back to Katlynn's apartment. When I got there , she was passed out in the floor. I picked her up and ran out of there. I took her to the house Elijah, Rebekah, Hayley, and myself were staying at. I carried her into the living room and lay her on the couch. Elijah walked in and asked, "Klaus what is going on?" He glimpsed over my shoulder and saw her. "Is that..?" he asked. "Yes. Yes, it is her."

Katlynn POV

I woke up in a couch with a young girl next to me. "Where am I? What happened?" I asked sitting up. "You're at the Mikaelson house. Klaus brought you here last night because your apartment caught on fire and he found you passed out in the living room." That right, the fire, the witches. The witches tried to kill me. I suddenly became angry an stood up. "I have to go." I got up and walked down the stairs. I was stopped by Klaus at the bottom of the stairs. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to go deal with the witches that tried to kill me last night." He could see how angry I was getting. "And by deal with you mean what? You're going to kill them?" "Maybe, or maybe I'll just torture them."

"Well, love, I don't think you are going anywhere for a while." I smirked and lifted my hand to send him against the wall, but instead my nose began bleeding and I fell down.

It was nighttime and you could see the moon hitting the waterfall just right. I ran through the woods and found Niklaus waiting on me. "Niklaus?" I asked. "Alina? Thank you for meeting me here." "Well you have been kind to me and you did save my life from the werewolves. But why did you want to meet?" "My sister told me that our mothers were speaking and they want you and Elijah to be married." I did not want to be with Elijah. "Niklaus, you must know that I do not feel that way about him." "I know." He grabbed my hand and kissed me.

I woke up coughing. I was lying on a couch downstairs. I tried to sit up, but suddenly someone was making me stay lying down. I looked up to see a dark haired man in a suit. "You need rest." "Who are you?" I asked him. "I'm Elijah, and you're Katlynn?" I nodded to tell him that was my name. "Niklaus asked me to watch you." "Where is he?" I asked. "He had an errand to run. He should be back soon, in the mean time, you need to rest." He was so kind and hot. He stood up, "I'll come back to check on you later." I nodded a thank you to him an he walked away. I lay there for a moment, waiting for him to walk away. When he did I got up and tried to sneak out. I got to the front door and I opened it. When I did, Klaus was standing there. "Where do you think your going?" "I'm leaving." He stood to the side and let me leave. I knew exactly where I was going.