Chapter 2

"Are you kidding?" I asked Sophie. "Marcel is my friend and there is no way I am going to hurt him." She looked like she was getting angry. "We have a hostage. Her name is Hayley and you are going to help us." I didn't want to hurt Marcel but they say they have a hostage and I can't let someone I don't even know get hurt. "Why don't you just use magic? I mean you're all witches and he is a vampire I think you have the upper hand." Sophie huffed, "We can't. Marcel can tell when the witches of the French Quarter are doing magic." I smiled at her, "I'm not a French Quarter witch." She nodded at me, "That's our point, but for now we need you to lay low and help with another problem. We have a deal with the Original vampires. We keep Hayley safe and they help take down Marcel. We need you to make sure that they hold up their end." "And how am I supposed to do that?" I asked. "Do whatever you have to." I rolled my eyes and responded, "I'll have to think about this." I walked out and left the graveyard. I was walking in town trying to think about everything Sophie just told me. I wasn't going to hurt Marcel, he was my friend and that means something to me. I ended up getting frustrated and threw my head up in the air while I was walking and I ran into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention," I said. "It's fine," he replied. When I looked up and saw who it was I laughed. "Well, I guess this was just meant to be," I said. He looked at me not really understanding. "Hi, I'm Kaitlynn, and you're Klaus." He smiled now understanding what I meant. "Well I was right about your face matching your eyes," he said. I blushed a little. "Would you like to get a drink?" he asked. "Actually I'm on the way to meet a friend. Raincheck?" "Sure," he said smiling. "Great. Here's my number." I gave him a small sheet of paper with my number and then left. I went to Marcel. I needed to talk to him. I knew I couldn't tell him everything but I needed to ask him about the witches. I walked in and saw Diego and asked where Marcel was. "He is in a meeting and he can't be interrupted." "Yeah well this is important." I began to walk towards the stairs and Diego got in front of me. "Sorry Katy, I can't let you go up there," he said. "Good thing I didn't ask." I tried to get around him. He wouldn't let me get around. "Diego, Im really not in the mood." "Im sorry Katy." "Diego I don't want to hurt you, but I will." "Katy you can't do magic." "You want a bet?" I said. I was getting really pissed. "Hey, hey, Katy chill. He was just doing what I asked," Marcel said coming down the stairs. "I really need to talk to you Marcel." He came down and stood in front of me. He put his hands on my arms, "Look I'll talk to you as soon as I get done with what I'm doing now." He turned to go back up stairs and I yelled, "How are you controlling the French Quarter witches?" He stopped in his tracks. "Katy not now." "Why Marcel? Just tell me." He came back down and looked pissed. "Katy I said I would talk to you later." "I want to talk now." I said. "What's taking so long out here, Marcel?" I heard a voice coming from up stairs. I looked up and saw a man standing there. Not just any man though. It was Klaus. "What the hell?" I said. "Katy, come back later, please," Marcel said quietly to me. "What the hell is going on, Marcel?" I asked him. "Katy, please come back later."

"How about I don't come back at all." I turned to walk away and Marcel was suddenly in front of me. "Katy you don't understand." "Oh really because I was just asked to kill you by some very pissed off witches and I don't understand." "The witches want you to kill me?" "Yeah, and I'm assuming it has something I do with him." I gestured toward Klaus. I pushed past Marcel and was stopped again by Klaus. "Now is that anyway to treat someone?" he asked with a hint of cockiness in his voice. "Get out of my way or I'll move you myself." He laughed and went to bite my neck. I lifted my hand and pushed him back with magic. "I'm not scared of you." "Forget you saw me here." I laughed, "I can't be compelled." I walked away.