Chapter 29

"Katy?" Marcel said. I looked at him and back at Kol but he was gone. "Katy?" "What?!" I screamed. "Who are you talking to?" "No one," I said, "I thought I saw Kol?" "Michaelson?" I nodded. "I think we should get back."
I got back to the compound and went to find Nik and Elijah. I needed to tell them what I saw, what Kol told me. Esther was behind all of this. She made me become a vampire. I had to find a way to undo this vampirism. I heard someone upstairs so I went up. I called for Klaus and Elijah but no one answered. I was getting a little nervous. I pulled out my phone and tried to call Klaus. I turned around to see Kol standing behind me. I hung the phone up and put it into my front pocket. "Kol," I said, "what is going on? Where is everyone?" "Genevieve was only doing as she was told by the elders, which consists of my mother. There is reason that she was doing this I just don't know what it is." "Kol, what am I supposed to do?" "I don't know, but you need to figure something out." He disappeared and I was left clueless. I had to find Klaus or Elijah or even Marcel. I pulled out my phone and called Klaus.  He didn't answer. I called him again and still no answer. I called Elijah. "Hello?"
"Elijah, get home now and bring Klaus and Hayley."
They all were here soon after that phone call. "Katy are you alright?" Hayley asked. "Whatever the witches were doing was because your mother told them too. That's why Genevieve tried to kill Hayley and Hope. I don't know why yet." "But how do you know any of this?" Klaus asked. "Kol told me." They looked at me confused. "How did Kol tell you?" Elijah asked. "Beats the hell out of me. I keep seeing him; at first it was only when I died, but now it's random." "Even if it is Kol who she is seeing why should we trust him?" Klaus said. He was getting upset and it bugged me. "Because he is our brother, Niklaus. I do not believe that he would lie about something like this." Elijah wasn't helping with Klaus getting upset. "Look," I said, "We need to find out what is going on. Why is your mother doing this?" "How do you plan to find that out luv?" "I know one way," I said, "I'm not sure if it will still work since I'm a vampire but I can try." None of them understood what I was talking about. "Wait you want one of us to kill you?" Hayley asked. "It's the only thing that'll work." "No," Elijah said. "It could work, Elijah." "And if it doesn't," Klaus spoke up, "then what?" "It'll work." I wasn't so sure that it would, but I had to try. They all just stood and looked at me. "Is someone going to do it or do I need to stake myself?" I asked. Klaus picked up a piece of wood and walked to me. "You better come back, luv," he said and put the stake in my chest.
I woke up somewhere different than normal. I looked around and saw Bonnie. "Katy?" she said. "Guess it didn't work," I said. "What are you doing here?" "Bonnie who are you talking to?" Matt asked. She looked at him and back at me. "No. Katy what did you do?" she asked. I couldn't take my eyes off of Matt. "What was it about him?" I asked. "It was everything. He is everything that we all should strive to be. Tell him I never stopped loving him. I love Klaus and Elijah, but I have always loved him more than life itself. I have been alive for a long time and never have I felt the way about anyone that I feel about him." In the middle of all my mumbling no one had seemed to notice that Matt was looking at me. "Katy?" "Matt? Can you see me?" He nodded. "But how?" I looked around and saw Kol. "Mother isn't totally evil." I saw her behind Kol. "I never wanted to hurt the child, my dear, just to save her." I still didn't understand but before I could say a word they were gone. Matt looked at me and I remembered all that I had just said. "How much of that did you hear?" "Everything," he said walking towards me. "Matt, I-" "Shut up," he said and kissed me. I kissed him back obviously. Then I remembered why I was here.  I broke the kiss. "I have to find Rebekah." "Not really what I wanted to hear," he said. "No, she has the baby and I have to get her back to Klaus b fore something happens to her." "So you're leaving?" " Matt, I will come back but only if you want me to. Right now, I have to save this child."  I kissed him. " I love you, Matt." "I love you. Go be a hero." I left as quickly as I could. I called Rebekah multiple times and she didn't answer. When I finally got back to New Orleans, I walked in and my body was still on the ground. Elijah walked up to me. "We have to get Hope back. I'll explain everything but we have to find Rebekah." He nodded and pulled out his phone immediately dialing her number. I didn't know if they would believe me. I mean it was their dead brother that told me. I had to try because if Kol was right, Hope was in danger.