Chapter 33

We almost ran out of gas so I pulled over at a gas station in Tennessee. I got out of the car and went inside to pay for gas. I was being a dick today because I wanted out of the car as soon as possible so I compelled the guy to give me gas for free. I walked back outside and started pumping the gas. Klaus got out and stood in front of me. "Why are you being so quiet?" He asked. "I'm not. I just want to get this over with." He moved closer. "I'm doing this for you. I don't have to but because of the way I feel I'm going to." He kept saying all of these very unKlaus like things and I didn't know what to say. "You're right it isn't like you to do any of this so why are you? And don't say it's because of how you feel. I want the truth." "You really don't know?" "Know what?" "I can hear the heartbeat," He said. "What?" "Listen,"he whispered. I could hear a heartbeat that wasn't mine and clearly not his. "Oh, my God." I couldn't breathe. "How long have you known?" "Since yesterday," he said looking so sad. I walked to the driver seat and sat in the car without saying a word. He hung the gas pump up and got in the passenger seat. He opened his mouth to speak and I cut him off, "Do not say anything until after the spell is done, got it?" He nodded. We drove until we hit Mystic Falls. I went to the Salvatore house and only Stefan was there. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "We are waiting on your witch to get here to help Bonnie and Caroline went to go help get the other stuff the witches need." I nodded. I didn't know how to react to the news I was pregnant. I had to tell at least Bonnie and Sarah to make sure the baby would be okay after the spell. Waiting on them was like a life time. Sarah got to the house and said we had to wait to more days because we needed a full moon. I took her aside and told her about the baby. "The spell shouldn't effect the child. It's not so much doing anything to your body. It's just breaking the spiritual connection between you and Klaus." "But the baby will be okay?" She nodded and told me yes again to calm my nerves. I told Stefan I was going to stay with Matt. Klaus stayed there with them as I went to drive home. I got to the house and went in but no one was there. I called Matt's phone and his voicemail picked up. "Hey, Matt. I'm at the house and you're not here, but I'm gonna go ahead and go to bed. I love you." I sat my phone down and walked to the living room and plopped myself on the couch. I eventually fell asleep but I was up for hours waiting on Matt to come home.
When I woke up the next morning, Matt was sitting next to me on the couch. I had my head on his leg. I didn't want to move. I was so comfortable and he looked so peaceful. I tried to get up without waking Matt but it didn't work. "Good morning," I said sitting up. "Good morning," he responded stretching his arms. I just looked at him, not saying a word. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked. "Matt, I need to tell you something." "What is it?" He asked me. "When I went to New Orleans I found out some news that I want to tell you." He looked confused. "First let me say that this spell is still perfectly safe to do. I checked with Sara and everything is safe and I'll be fine." "Katy, I actually have something I want to tell you too." "Can I tell you mine first?" "Well actually," he started and Stefan came threw the door into the living room. "Something happened," he said. "What something?" I asked. "Katy I need you to come with me to the house and Matt meet Damon at the grill, okay?" "Stefan what is going on?" I asked. "Katy I don't have time to explain just do it." "It'll be okay. I'll see you later alright?" Matt asked kissing me in the head. We walked outside and I got on the back of Stefan's motorcycle. "Hey," I yelled to Matt before he got in his truck, "I love you." He smiled and said, "I love you too." Me and Stefan took off and I watched Matt go in the opposite direction. We got to his house and he took me upstairs to his room. "Stefan what is going on?" "Okay so clearly Matt didn't tell you this morning but we have to do this today." "Do what? Stefan you're freaking me out." "I'll be right back I think Damon will be able to ease you into this better." He walked out and locked me in. "Breathe, Katy," I said to myself. I took a few deep breaths and sat down. What could possibly be going on. A few minutes later Caroline and Damon both came into my room. "Will someone please tell me what's going on?" "Matt didn't have time to ask you today because you were trying to say something that I guess you didn't get to say either," Caroline started. "Please just tell me what is going on?" "Quarterback wanted to ask you to marry him. This is your wedding." I was shocked. "What?" I had no idea what to say. "You want to marry him right?" Caroline asked. "Yeah I do." "Yay!" She shrieked,"Damon go get the dresses from the other room so she can choose one." "Wait a second, why was everyone acting like I was about to die or something?" I asked. "Matt thought it would be funny to pretend there was a crisis so he could marry you today," Caroline said, "you know, since crisis mode is kind of our life." I laughed. Damon came back with the dresses and Elena and Bonnie and Rebekah followed the the different bouquets. I tried on at least 15 different dresses before I found the one I liked. It had a mermaid tail. It was ruffled at the top. It was beautiful. I wanted to cry and thanks to my pregnancy hormones, I did. Elena did my hair while Caroline did my make-up. My hair was a pinned to one side and the curls hung over my shoulder. My makeup was mostly just natural looking. It was all so beautiful. Bonnie put together a special bouquet for me. Someone knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Caroline yelled. "Me," Someone yelled back. I couldn't pick out whose voice it was. Caroline and Bonnie stepped out and Elena was helping me make sure everything was just perfect. "Um, Elena," I said awkwardly. "Yeah?" She said standing up from fixing the hem on my dress. "I know we aren't very close because, well, I thought you were just a bratty girl. But you are the only family I have here and I would love it if you would be my maid of honor." "Katy, I'd love to." She hugged me as she answered. "Actually," Elena said, " there is one more thing that I wanted to ask." "Okay?" I said. "Bonnie is doing the ceremony, Stefan and Alaric are groomsmen and tyler is the best man. Caroline and Rebekah bridesmaids and I'm the maid of honor. Klaus and Sara are witnessing it. So Damon wanted to walk you down the isle, if that was okay with you. After all you guys have been through a lot together." I went to the door and opened it. Damon was standing outside waiting on Elena. I hugged him and said, "Of course, you can walk me down the isle." I let go of him and Caroline yelled from downstairs, "Are you guys ready?" "Yes, we are," I yelled back. Damon led me down the stairs and they said that they wedding was going to be outside. "Matt picked the place. He said its where you two first kissed." I laughed and said, "Perfect." They all looked at me, "You ready?" Damon asked me. I smiled, "Let's do this."