Twenty Seven

I skipped back home with a smile on my face with Felix beside me. I was glad that me and Jisung had solved this whole mess and that girl wasn't his new love interest.

Felix walked quietly next to me and watched as I skipped. He cleared his throat to catch my attention and I stopped skipping, turning to face him.

"So....what did you and Jisung talk about?" Felix asked, his hands shoved into the front pockets of his jeans.

"We talked it out, turns out, that girl is one of his close friends. She's engaged," I answered his question.

"She's engaged?" Felix's eyes widened.

"Yup," I confirmed.

"But she looks so....young," Felix said in confusion.

"According to Jisung, she's older than she looks," I shrugged.

He nodded in understanding and remained in silence for a moment.

"So, are you and him back together?" Felix questioned.

I nodded, a smile making its way on my face as I thought about it. Felix mumbled an 'oh' before he stopped talking completely. I furrowed my brows at his quiet state. I would have thought he would be glad to hear that, but his reaction was the opposite.

When we had reached my apartment, Felix still hadn't said a word. His hands were still shoved in his pockets and his eyes were on his feet as he kicked some rocks.

"Felix? Are you okay?" I tried to catch his gaze.

He finally looked up and gave me a tight smile.

"Yeah, I'm just tired," he tried to reassure me.

"Felix, I know that something's bothering you. What is it?" I urged.

He shook his head and lightly laughed.

"It's stupid," he quietly said.

"I'm sure it isn't," I pressed on.

"If I tell you, you're probably gonna laugh in my face," He sent me a sad smile.

"I won't, I promise," I gave him a soft smile.

He gave out a long sigh before telling me what was bothering him and looked down at the ground again.

"Well, ever since that day I found you crying over your break with Jisung, I've started to grow feelings for you. That was a month ago and I thought, well ahh- that you might have caught feelings for me too, but I was wrong. How stupid of me, right?" Felix gave out a humorless laugh.

My smile fell as I listened to Felix. I had led him on without realizing it and I felt horrible. I never planned to lead him on, I only saw him as a friend. I had told him I didn't want to use him, but here he was now, hurting because of me. He deserved to be with someone who truly cares and will love him for who he is. I couldn't give him that because I was in love with someone else. I was in love with his best friend.

"Felix....I'm really sorry I led you on without realizing it, but I'm not the one for you. You deserve so, so much better than me. You're not stupid for thinking that, okay? I may not have feelings for you, but I love you as a friend. I care about you, Felix," I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

His sad eyes met mine and he shook his head.

"You don't understand, you say I deserve better but you have it all," His gaze never left mine.

"Have what?" I asked in confusion.

"You have everything I've been looking for in a girl. You're perfect. But I guess I just wasn't enough," Felix shrugged.

"Don't say that. You have everything a girl could ask for. You're enough in everyone's eyes. I'm not perfect, I have my flaws that I myself dislike. Even I'm still amazed that I have a boyfriend," I laughed a bit.

"But Felix, trust me when I say I'm not the one. You belong to someone better than me. Someone who values you for who you are and who is perfect in your eyes," I told him in all honesty.

"Do you love him?" Felix asked me after a while.

"Of course I do," A small smile formed on my face.

"Oh, then I guess that just proves it," He said.

"Proves what?"

"That I really don't have a chance."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his shoulder.

"You have millions of chances with other girls, girls who are dying for some love and affection," I assured him.

"Well where are they? Do those girls need my address or?"

I laughed at his comment which caused him to smile a bit.

"You're amazing Felix, you really are. You just have to wait a while for the right one to come, which she will," I told him.

He nodded and finally smiled, a real one this time.

"Thank you, Eva. Those things you said really mean a lot to me. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable and I really do hope you last long with Jisung, he really loves you, you know," He expressed.

"I'm not uncomfortable, you're still my friend. Friends aren't uncomfortable around each other," I chuckled.

"Even after what I'm about to say?" He said, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in puzzlement.

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely puzzled.

"Kiss me."