Ten

I dragged my feet back home on a Friday night. I had visited my parents since I didn't seem to do that often. The only source of light were the streetlights as I trudged back home. Normally, I would have my earphones on, but seeing as it was dark I wanted to pay attention to my surroundings. I seriously didn't want to get raped.

As I walked, my thoughts drifted back to Jisung. He has been annoying me less these couple of days and I had started wondering why. Maybe it was because he got tired of my attitude and decided to leave me alone. If I was being honest, I had started getting used to his bickering this past month. Shrugging away my thoughts, I continued to drag my feet along the sidewalk.

While I walked, I started hearing whispering. My feet came to a halt and listened closely.

"So do you like her?" The voice had said. It sounded like a boy and by the looks of it, he wasn't alone.

"I don't know.... I haven't been talking to her a lot lately," another voice had responded.

"What? Why? Don't be a wuss and text her!" The previous voice had exclaimed.

They seemed to be close to where I was standing, but couldn't seem to figure out from which direction they came from.

"I don't wanna annoy her," the other voice sighed.

After walking a couple of steps, I had found out that they were talking in an alleyway. I quietly peeped behind the brick building and noticed two figures standing face to face. I couldn't quite make out their faces, but it seemed like they were about my age.

"Do it or I will," the first boy threatened.

"Fine, whatever, but I'm only doing it so you can shut up," the second boy said, annoyance laced in his voice.

He took out his phone and typed on it for a bit, before he finally turned it off.

"There, you happy?"

At that same moment, my phone beeped, immediately attracting their attention. I silently cursed as quickly hid behind the brick building, hoping they didn't see me.

"Who's there?" One of them called out.

I quickly started walking away as I heard their footsteps approaching. Dammit, I should have shut my stupid phone off, I thought as I speed walked in a hurry.

"Hey you! Stop right there!" I heard them shout.

Oh no, gotta blast.

I quickly made a run for it as soon as those words had left their mouth. I heard their feet pound on the sidewalk, running after me. My heart rate quickened as I felt them nearing closer. I pushed myself to run faster, but to my luck, I ended up tripping on a dumb rock and fell on my knees.

Their feet stopped in front of me, their breaths heavy matching my own. I looked up at them and gasped in surprise.

"Jisung?" I called out.

His eyes widened as he noticed me.

"Eva? Wh- what are you doing here at this time?" He nervously asked.

"I was visiting my parents. What are you doing here at this time?" I questioned him.

"I was uh- I was-"

"We were on our way to my house," the boy next to him interrupted.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"This is my friend Minho, Minho this is Eva," Jisung awkwardly introduced us.

"Eva? Isn't she-" Jisung elbowed Minho in the ribs causing Minho to groan.

I rose my brows at him as he fake laughed.

"Ignore Minho, he's a little dumb," Jisung shrugged it off.

"Mhm, right," I eyed him.

He stayed quiet for a moment, before he came to realization that I was still on the ground.

"Oh! Let me help you," he stretched his arm out for me to grab. He pulled me up and I dusted away the remaining dirt on my skirt.

"Thanks," I said as I fixed my bag on my shoulder.

"Do you want me to walk you home? It's dark and girls shouldn't be out here at this time," Jisung offered.

Minho smirked at this.

"Are you sure you wanna walk her home just cause it's dark? Or is there another reason?" Minho smirked evilly at Jisung.

Jisung glared at him before turning back to me.

"I'm fine, you can go ahead and go to Minho's house to finish your little play date," I declined his offer.

"You heard the woman, let's go," Minho pulled at Jisung's arm.

"Okay, but text me when you get home so I know you're okay!" Jisung called after me as he was getting dragged away by an impatient Minho.

"Uh, okay!" I called out as he waved goodbye.

I turned and continued to make my way back home. His friend Minho reminded me of Chan. A little dumb, but different than Jisung. Were all this friends like this? As I thought about it, I remembered my phone had beeped back when I was hiding. I pulled it out from my bag and the screen lit up.

It was a message from Jisung.

********
Hi there! How are you guys doing? :) I'm sorry if this story is getting crappier as I update it, I'm trying my best here. But I recently started an Ateez Mingi fan fic and I would really appreciate it if y'all would go read it. It would mean lots! :)

Also, don't be a silent reader! Let me know your thoughts in the comments! Don't forget to vote! ;)

-C <3