One

The rain pounded on the windows rapidly. The convenience store was quiet on this particular day. Valentine's Day to be exact. Everyone was out with their loved ones enjoying the company of each other, meanwhile I was stuck here covering shifts. Not like I had anything else to do, I don't even have a lover. I tried to not be salty about it, I mean, who needs a man when you can drool over any hot man you see on the streets, am I right ladies?

I sighed at my stupid thoughts and focused on the magazine I was flipping through in my hands. I had flipped through the same magazine for about 2 hours now. I couldn't even use my phone on these stupid shifts. The only thing I was looking forward to was getting paid extra.

The bell chimed, signaling that a customer had just entered. I didn't bother looking up since it was probably someone getting last minute Valentine gifts. The squeaking of shoes getting closer and closer finally made me look up. A boy covered in a black jacket quickly walked my way. His hair was dyed blue and covered his eyes as I sensed his nervousness the closer he got. He finally stopped in front of me and and gave me a nervous smile.

"Can I help you?" I questioned.

Hearing my question made him nervously chuckle and push the hair out of his face. His eyes were a dark brown and they held innocence. But all of that went to waste when he asked me the most idiotic, but funniest question.

"Uhh, where are the condoms?"