Nine

My wet shoes padded along the grocery store aisles in search for one item, frosting. With each step I made, my shoes would make a squeaking sound, attracting unwanted attention. God seriously chose the wrong day to make it rain.

The longer I walked, the more frustrated I grew. Seriously, where the hell was the frosting? I had been to every aisle and to my disappointment, I had found nothing. Like, what grocery store doesn't have frosting?

As I stumbled upon the chip aisle, I saw a worker stacking chips on the shelves. I noisily marched over to him and cleared my throat.

"Excuse me? Where can I find the frosting?" I faked a smile.

"Frosting?" He thought for a minute then shrugged.

"I don't know," he said, continuing to stack chips on the shelves.

"What? What do you mean you don't know? You work here don't you?" I asked rolling my eyes at his bluntness.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I know," he responded in a duh tone.

"Listen here-" I checked his name tag.

"-Chan," I glared up at his tall frame,"I don't have time for this, so if you can kindly direct me to where the frosting is, I'll be on my way," I said sassily.

"And I already told you, I don't know where it is," he replied with as much attitude as I gave him.

"You little-"

My insult was interrupted by another voice butting in.

"Eva? What are you doing here- wait, what are you doing talking to Chan?" Jisung looked between me and Chan in confusion.

"You know this rat?" I looked at Chan in disgust.

"Woah, hold up- rat?" Chan's eyes widened accusingly.

"Okay, calm down you guys. Let's not start something in the middle of the store," Jisung nervously laughed.

"This wet dog started something the second she walked up to me,"Chan scoffed.

"Wet dog? You better take that back or so help me God I'm going to strangle the hell out of you," I moved to tackle him but was held back by Jisung.

"Let me go! I'm going to teach this diseased rat a lesson!" I yelled trying to throw a punch at Chan.

"Eva calm down! We're going to get kicked out," Jisung tried to calm me down.

I got out of Jisung's hold and pointed at Chan.

"How the hell do you know this rat?" I asked Jisung.

"He's my friend..... and the one I got the condoms for that one day," he reluctantly added the last part.

"Your friend? How the- woah wait," I stopped talking.

"He's the one you got the condoms for?" I snickered.

"Yeah and?" Chan defended.

"Oh nothing, I'm just amazed you got a girl to sleep with you," I cackled.

"Amazed? Have you not taken a closer look at me? At this?" He cockily gestures to his face.

I burst out laughing at this. This guy really thought he was all that in a bag of chips.

"All this time I was calling Jisung a sex craved demon, but I guess I'm gonna have to call you a sex craved rat," I wheezed, clutching my stomach as I laughed.

The two stared at me as if I had grew another head. This was all just too much to take in for me as you can tell. I never would have thought that these two would be friends, I mean Jisung was, well....him. Chan was something else, that was for sure.

After about two minutes, I finished my laughing fit and turned back to the two who had silently been waiting for me to calm down.

"But in all seriousness though, where is the frosting?" I asked Chan again.

He sighed and pointed behind him.

"It's all the way in the front of the store, close to where the cash registers are at," he explained.

"Now, that wasn't so hard was it?" I sarcastically said.

"Whatever, wet dog," he muttered.

"Shut up, sex craved rat," I flipped my hair over my shoulder walking past him.

Behind me, I heard a bag of chips hit the ground and an annoyed groan.

"Jisung, are you really going to let her call me that?" He whined.

"Don't worry, you get used to it," Jisung had muttered causing me to smirk.