Twenty One

"I'm sorry, but the person you called...."

I sighed as I hung up the phone yet again for the 5th time. I've been trying to contact Jisung for a while, but haven't been able to get a hold of him. I decided to shrug it off since he was probably busy. He'd probably call me back later. 

I set my phone to the side and decided to take a nap meanwhile. I lay there for about 5 minutes, but sleep never came to me and I groaned. This wasn't like Jisung. Call me over exaggerated but this has never happened before. Usually when he wouldn't answer, he'd either call me back or send me a message saying that he's busy. 

Scoffing at my stupid thoughts, I came to the conclusion that he was probably just extra busy today and would get to me later. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through Instagram to kill the time. As I got to answering my Direct messages, I noticed that he was active. I furrowed my brows in confusion. 

The hell? 

I sent him a message asking him if he was okay, but as soon as I sent it, it said that he was offline. I snorted at his childish way of ignoring me. I couldn't believe it. Condom boy really had the audacity to ignore me, and for absolutely no reason. 

"We'll see about that," I muttered as I got up and grabbed my stuff and headed out. 

I was going to Jisung's place since he was probably hiding out there. As I walked there, I thought back to the times we hung out. Did I do something wrong for him to full out ignore me? I mean, I was kind of mean to him, I'll admit that, but I always apologized or made it up to him. 

When I got there, I heard loud screams coming from inside. Frowning, I knocked on the door and waited for about a minute before the door opened. A tall blonde opened the door and gave me a flirty smile. 

"Hey there, is there something you need?" He said as he leaned on the doorframe with his arms crossed as he examined every inch of my face. 

"Yeah, uhhh.... I'm looking for Jisung," I said, suddenly feeling awkward under his gaze. 

"Sure, I'll get him for you, but can I get your name?" He winked. 

I gave him a look and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Alright fine, but I'm Felix by the way. Remember that," he smirked as he disappeared into the living room.

I rolled my eyes. Oh please, I can barely remember my damn name, I don't know what makes him think I'll remember his. 

My eyes met Jisung's figure as he appeared. He was wearing baggy sweatpants matched with a long black t-shirt. His feet were stuck in his favorite minion slippers and his hair was messy. He looked good. 

When his eyes met mine, they widened and he struggled to explain himself as he took a notice of my glare. 

"Hey, babe," he chuckled nervously as he scratched the back of his head. 

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing?" I mocked. 

"Just... hanging with my friends," he pointed behind him as I noticed a group of boys huddled around the TV as they played video games. Felix noticed that I was looking and waved. 

"You know I called you, and I even sent you a message," I crossed my arms. 

"Yeah, I saw them," he said. 

I rose my brows.

"So when were you going to respond?" I asked. 

"I wasn't," he shrugged and I laughed. 

"And why is that?" I looked him dead in the eye. 

"Well, you see, Eva....I've been wanting to talk to you about something," he fiddled with his fingers as he swallowed. 

"About what?" I said.

"I don't know how to say it," he said, his voice quiet this time. 

My mood suddenly changed as I noticed his change of attitude. 

"Just say it," I said after a while.

He took a deep breath and shut his eyes for a minute before making eye contact with me.

"Eva, I think we should take a break," he finally said.

I froze as I stared at him.

"What? Why?" I whispered. 

"I...I think it's the best thing for us right now," he looked down at his feet. 

"But I thought we were doing good," I told him honestly. 

"Yeah, but it's just not the same," he shook his head.

I opened and closed my mouth, but couldn't find the right words to say. When I was finally about to say something, Jisung interrupted.

"I think you should go," He said, his hand on the doorknob.

I stared at him in silence but nodded. If this was what he wanted, then fine.

He gave me a small, but sad smile before shutting the door, the screams from earlier being heard once again.