Eleven

I sat in my bed, my legs in a crisscross as I stared down at the message. My eyebrows were pulled together in confusion as I reread it over and over again in my head.

JISUNGIE:
Hey, so I've been wanting to ask you this for a while and I finally managed to get some balls to ask so.... would you go on a date with me?

Was I just supposed to say yes or? Would it be too weird for us after we go on this supposed date? I nervously chewed on my nails as I decided to just say screw it and responded back to him.

EVALEE:
Uhh, yeah sure

After I pressed send I threw my phone far away from where I was and busied myself with the TV, trying not to think about this too much but as soon as I heard a ping, I scrambled to grab my phone and opened up the app.

JISUNGIE:
HELL YEAH

JISUNGIE:
I mean

JISUNGIE:
That's cool, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6pm, see ya later!

I snorted at his first response and turned my phone off. If this was his way of shooting his shot....it was working. I ran my hands down my face in frustration. I really hated to admit it but there was something there whenever I saw Jisung. But I would never admit that to Jisung himself of course.

I blinked away my thoughts and focused my attention back to the TV, deciding it was best to stress about this tomorrow when I met up with him.

_________

The sound of my phone going off woke me up from my long slumber. I groaned in annoyance and felt around my bed for my phone. The cool surface of the screen met my fingertips and I brought it up to my face. My eyes widened and I quickly sat up and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hello?" I casually answered.

"Hey, Eva. Just called to let you know I'll be over at your house in about 20 minutes," Jisung said from the other end of the line.

My eyes drifted to the clock on my bedside table and as I took a look at the numbers displayed, they widened. It was 5:35pm. I quickly jumped out my bed and rushed to my bathroom.

"Uh, yeah that's fine! I'm almost finished getting ready," I lied. Damn, I really just had to stay up and watch stupid comedy shows.

"Okay, see you," he ended the call.

I threw my phone on the counter and quickly jumped into the shower, hurriedly washing my hair and body. I had about 25 minutes to get ready and I didn't think I would be finished by that time. I'd probably end up looking like a strangled bat, but that was the least of my worries as I quickly got out of the tub and ran back to my room to change.

I threw on a simple light pink shirt with a white skirt and grabbed my flats from my shoe rack. I ran a comb through my hair with one hand and curled my eyelashes with the other. I glanced at the clock and it read 5:50. He would be here any minute.

I quickly checked my attire in the mirror when I was finished and nodded my head in approval. This would have to do. I grabbed my purse and shoved necessary things I would probably need and grabbed my phone from the counter. I had thrown that damn phone so many times I'm surprised that it wasn't cracked or split in half.

As I sat on my bed heaving out a sigh of relief, the doorbell rang. I let out a cry of frustration and quickly got up to answer the door. I opened the door and there he stood. The sex craved demon in all his glory.

"Hey," he smiled down at me.

"Hi," I smiled back, feeling awkward all of a sudden.

"Wanna go?" He gestures to his car with a nod of his head.

"Yeah," I said, "let's go."