Eight

Wednesday's were always boring. For some odd reason, the convenience store had less customers that day. I sat on a stool, my head in my hands as I stared into space. It was 10pm at night and all I was looking forward to was going home. My eye bags were so bad that my makeup couldn't even cover it up properly.

As I was falling asleep on my hands, the bell chimed signaling a customer had arrived. I quickly fixed my posture and looked over only to see the one person I was trying to avoid.

He was looking at the rows of candy, trying to make a choice on which candy he would decide and try today. His hair was messy and he looked visibly tired as he grabbed different types of candy and threw them in a basket. He then turned to look at me as he walked to the counter.

"Hey," he lazily smiled at me as he set the basket on the counter and reached into his packet to grab his wallet.

I awkwardly smiled at him as I rung up his items. A couple of days ago when he admitted he wanted to shoot his shot, I had tried to avoid him. I wasn't trying to be mean, although it may seem like it, I just didn't know how to react to it. No man has ever tried to shoot their shot with me and I wasn't sure I was ready to date someone yet.

After I had told him his total, he paid and made his way towards the door. As he reached for the door handle, he stopped and turned back to me.

"Hey, can we forget about the comment I made the other day? It was totally uncalled for and it's been kind of awkward between us. So yeah, let's just forget about it, okay?" He nervously laughed it off.

To say I was surprised was an understanding. His offer was tempting, but I don't think I could ever forget he said that. I pushed my thoughts away and agreed to his offer.

"Okay," I shrugged it off.

He smiled and let out a sigh of relief.

"Ok good, I don't think I would have lasted any longer without having to annoy you," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him and pointed to the door.

"Weren't you leaving?" I sassily remarked.

"Ugh, fine. But I'm coming back tomorrow," he smirked and turned to grab the door handle.

"Wait!" I called out.

"Yes?" He smirked, looking at me once again.

"You forgot something," I bit my cheek to keep myself from bursting out laughing.

"What?" He asked confused.

I snatched a box of condoms and threw them at him.

"Can't leave without your condoms, am I right?" I stated innocently.

He stared at the box in his hands for a moment before he glared at me with such hatred in his eyes.

"You're so annoying!" He stomped his way out of the store rambling something about "stupid" and "Chan".

I held my stomach as I laughed at his reaction. I even had to wipe some tears away as I sat back on the stool. Then it hit me.

He had actually taken the box of condoms with him.