Fifteen

The next morning, I awoke to a knock on my door. My body was tangled in the sheets and I really didn't feel like getting up and going to check who was at my door. So I decided to continue laying in bed and hoping the person would get the hint and leave, but my actions soon failed as the person knocked again.

Groaning in annoyance, I kicked the sheets off me and slipped on my slippers. I didn't give my appearance a single thought and marched straight to the door to see who the hell was disrupting my sleep. Swinging the door open, I came face to face with none other than Jisung.

Taking a notice to my appearance, he opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the slamming of my door. I slapped a hand over my head and silently screamed. Out of all the people that had to show up to my apartment so early in the morning, it had to be Jisung, the man that was interesting in me for some reason only god knows.

"Eva? Are you okay?" Jisung knocked on my door after I had shut it in his face.

I cleared my throat and answered him back calmly as if I hadn't just slammed the door in his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but could you just give me a minute to freshen up?" I had asked him from behind the door.

"Uh, yeah, that's fine. I'll be at Chan's place, text me when you're finished," his voice replied.

"Okay," I called out and quickly rushed to the bathroom, not wanting to waste anymore time.

I hurriedly brushed my teeth and jumped into the shower, scrubbing all over my body with body wash as fast as I could. God really didn't want me to be in a relationship, huh?

When I stepped out, I quickly pulled out my undergarments with some jeans and a blouse. After I had finished changing, I shoved my feet into some sneakers and combed through my bird nest I called my hair.

After I had checked myself in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and texted Jisung that he could come over now. My palms started getting sweaty and my heart sped up. So many thoughts ran through my head as he had simply replied with an "okay", letting me know he was on his way.

What if he tried to kiss me? Do I let him? Do I kiss him back? What was I even supposed to do?

My thoughts scurried away as a knock was heard, causing me to get up with shaky feet and answer it.

Jisung stood there in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, looking as handsome as ever. He wore a small smile on his lips and wished me a good morning.

"Good morning, I'm sorry I woke you up. I just really wanted to see you," he sheepishly admitted, his hand coming up to play with the back of his hair as a nervous gesture.

I inwardly smiled at how cute he was.

"It's okay, come in," I opened the door wider and allowed him to come inside. Thankfully, my apartment was clean and not messy like most of the time.

He slowly walked in and sat on the couch as I shut the door lightly behind me before taking a seat next to him. He seemed tense as he played with his fingers.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him, frowning lightly.

"No, it's just...," he trailed off, biting his lip nervously.

"It's just what?" I pressed.

"I-I wanted to try something," he admitted.

"But I don't know if you'll let me," he added on.

I stayed silent for a moment. What would he possibly want to try with me that I wouldn't let him do?

"Well, you never know if you don't try," I told him.

His eyes finally met mine. He rotated his body so he was facing me and reached out for my hands. They were warm, just like last night.

"Okay, but promise not to be mad? I'll stop if you want me to," he said.

I simply nodded and allowed him to continue.

He then slowly started to lean in, his breath fanning on my lips. He smelled of mint with a bit of coffee. That was when I realized he was going to kiss me. I internally started to panic, but ignored it and let him lean in closer to me. His body heat was radiating onto my own and I slowly started leaning into his warmth.

His lips brushed against mine for a short moment, before he firmly kissed me.

The kiss was short, but mesmerizing. His lips were soft and cold on mine, which made a million butterflies erupt in my stomach. He moved his lips against mine in a slow, but firm way. It took me a while to respond, and when I did, he smiled against the kiss. He seemed to be pouring out all those unsaid feelings into our kiss, and I understood every one of them.

When we finally pulled away, he leaned his forehead against mine as we tried to catch our breaths. Our eyes were still closed and we enjoyed the presence of one another and the silence around us, not one of us saying a word. We didn't need to say anything, all we had to do was stay by each other's side and cherish this memorable moment we would forever hold.