Eighteen

"I'm sorry sir, but we ran out of Soju, the next shipment doesn't come until next week," I told the old, drunk man that stood in front of me who looked like he wanted to pull my hair out.

"What do you mean next week? I need it now," He slurred, struggling to stay still on his two feet.

I sighed. This wasn't the first or last time this was going to happen. Many drunk old men have stumbled in here at midnight and I wasn't at all surprised. Many girls would be scared, but not me. My pepper spray was less than 5 feet away from me and I wasn't afraid to use it.

"Yes sir, now please, if you need anything else I'll ring it up for you," I politely answered.

"I already told you I wanted Soju!" The drunk man spit.

"Well there isn't any," I told him once again.

"You get me my Soju or else I'm gonna destroy this damn store!" He yelled, stumbling over to the candle aisle.

"Oh no you won't old man," I grabbed my pepper spray and ran towards the old man, grabbing his greasy, dirty jacket and pulled him away.

"Hey! Let me go or I'm gonna-"

"What is going on here?" A voice interrupted our arguing.

Me and the old man both turn and find Jisung staring at us, a confused expression written on his face.

"Why are you grabbing onto the old man's jacket?" Jisung pointed out.

I slowly let go of the old man's jacket but kept an eye on him, making sure he doesn't break anything like he said he was.

"I was handling a situation," I answered him as I watched the old man lean on the wall.

"Well, what was he doing?" Jisung innocently asked.

"He wanted Soju, but there isn't any," I rolled my eyes.

"Yes there is! There's always Soju here!" The old man grumbled.

"Yeah, well there isn't because one of your drunk buddies took what was left," I argued.

"Shut the hell up you-"

"Finish that old sentence you old fart and I'll pepper spray the hell outta you," I took the safety off and angled it towards his face.

"Woah, okay now, let's not do that," Jisung took the pepper spray out of my hands and turned towards the man.

"Sir, please understand that there isn't any Soju today, so go away now," Jisung tried shooing him off.

"Get out of my way twig, I don't have time for this so give me my Soju!" He yelled, but before he can take a step closer to us, he fell on the ground and was knocked out cold.

Jisung and I stared at his body for a moment before sighing.

"Well, what are we going to do now?"Jisung stared down at him and nudged him with his foot.

"There's only one way," I said.

"What? How?" He questioned.

"Grab his arms," I said as I walked around him.

"Grab his arms? What-"

"We're dragging him out the store," I grabbed onto his legs and waited for Jisung.

"We can't just drag him out," Jisung frowned.

"Well do you have another idea?" I taunted.

He stayed quiet and then proceeded to grab onto his arms.

"On three we start dragging him, okay?" I told him.

He nodded and I began to count.

"Okay, one.....two.....three!"

We began dragging him to the door, his weight surprising both of us as we struggled. Not once did the man flinch. Instead, he let out a loud snore.

"Why is he so heavy?" Jisung groaned starting to get annoyed.

"I don't know but hurry, I can't support this man any longer," I puffed out a breath of air.

"Can't we just smack him and hope he wakes up?" He whined and let go of his arms.

"No, now come on, we're almost there," I motioned towards the old man's crusty hands.

Jisung rolled his eyes but grabbed them anyways and we began to drag him again.

"Next time this happens, we're just gonna pepper spray the damn guy," He muttered.

When we got to the door, I swung it open and we dumped the man on the sidewalk. I exhaled in exhaustion even though this took us about 5 minutes to do. That man sure was heavy.

"Ok there, let's just leave him here, he'll wake up sooner or later," I told Jisung as I walked back inside.

"I just wanted to come and see you and instead, I see you arguing with an old man and had to  help you drag him out," Jisung exclaimed, still finding it hard to believe he committed such a crime. Well, a crime in his books.

"We could have made this a lot more easier if you had just let me pepper spray his ass," I shrugged.

"Yeah, but I didn't know he was going to pass out!"

"Yeah well he's probably dead now," I waved it off.

"Dead? Eva-"

"I'm just kidding," I snorted and got my keys, ready to lock the store up.

"Come on Jisung, let's go," I opened the door for him.

"Okay, but we have to check to see if he really is alive," Jisung nervously glanced towards the man's knocked out body.

"Fine," I walked towards the man's body and grabbed his arm checking for his pulse.

"Oh my god Jisung he doesn't have a pulse!" I pretended to panic and almost snorted at Jisung's scared face.

"What?! What do you mean he doesn't have a pulse?! Oh god Eva we're gonna go to jail!" Jisung screamed.

I laughed at how stupid he looked and let go of the man's arm.

"I was just kidding, you stupid. He's alive, now stop worrying and walk me home," I tugged on his arm and started pulling him towards the direction of my apartment.

"Wait, are you sure? What if he dies?" Jisung's eyes widened.

"He's not going to die, now come on, let's go," I pulled him away.

"If he dies it's on you, not me woman," He muttered under his breath.

"He's dead," I smirked.

"Eva!"

"I was just kidding!"