What's Eating Taz?

"Taz?! Oh my gosh! Girl what's wrong!?" You ask, concern controlling your face.

Taz unburies her head from her knees and looks up at you. Her eyes are red.

"I can't do this." She says.

"What?! What can't you do?!" You ask, rushing over to her.

"Life. I can't do it right now."

"Taz, honey- what are you talking about sweetie? What happened?"

"My dad- HE'S gone and now I'm losing Joon?" She sniffles and puts her head back down.

"What are you talking about!?"

"Last night...he asked me if I wanted to go on tour with him, and of course I wanted to. He's been so helpful for me during these hard times but-" she sighs. "I can't go with him. There's no way I can?"

"What're you talking about? I'm going with Tae, I'm sure you can go with- what? What?!" You stop your sentence due to the look of betrayal on Taz's face.

"Wow. I seriously can't believe you." She scoffs as more tears form in her eyes.

"What did I do?"

"Are you kidding me?! Dads funeral is on the same day they leave for Brazil and where do you choose to go?!"

"Oh my gosh. Taz...I'm so sorry." You say trying to hug her but she scoots away.

"Y'know, you've been saying that quite a lot. You're supposed to be my best friend but you haven't been here for me lately in my darkest time. Instead, some guy I just met who's going away forever has been giving more moral support. You made my dad a promise! You said that you'd be here for me and I believed it but you've been gone a lot more and it's making me question things."

"Taz, you know I didn't intend to leave you. It's just..."

"It's just what? Is your BOYFRIEND more important than me? Hm?"

"No, you know he's not..."

"Oh really? Because lately that's who you've been with. My best friend told me that no boy band in the world would be more important than a day one friend, nor family. That's what my best friend said, and the best friend I KNOW would uphold that and prove it time and time again. But the person sitting in front of me is not that same person."

"What're you talking about Taz, I AM your best friend." You're taken aback.

"No you're not. YOU are Taehyungs girlfriend and that is all you have been lately. If that's what you want, then fine by me." She slips on her shoes and starts for the door. You quickly stand up to grab her but she puts up a finger. "Don't- DON'T touch me."

"Taz wait, where are you going?" You ask, your breathing getting heavy.

"Listen, I love you and I'm not saying I'm ending our friendship but I can't do this. I'm going for a walk, have your things packed for your tour and leave before I get back, please. I don't want to be angry with you anymore and it just- it hurts. So please, just grab your things and um..." Her voice cracks up a bit. "...And enjoy yourself. I love you- goodbye." She says and storms to the door.

"Taz wait! Wait! Please Tazanna!" You yell after her, but it's no use. She's already out the door and quick on her way. You turn around to see Taehyung standing there.

"I'm no English speaker," he says. "But I can tell that wasn't good." He extends his arms. You drop your crutches and grab onto him and hug his waist tightly, burying your face into his chest. You let your tears fall as he strokes your back, and it takes you a few minutes to explain what just happened.