Ch. 27-Diner

Sorry for the long waqit! I didn't realize that it's been 10 days since I've uploaded. Ok well here you go! I like comments and votes so make sure ya do that for me!

************************************

Lita's POV

I didn't talk to Piper for the rest of class. What am I supposed to say to him? Piper's nice and cute but I don't want to get hurt. I'm not just talking about emotional pain either. The bell rang and I ran to my next class. Whatever I can do to avoid Piper. My next class was gym and Piper's in that class. What am I going to do?

I spotted Nicki by the lockers and ran toward her. "Nicki we have a problem," I exclaimed. Nicki turned around and looked me up and down. "What? Do you need an Advil," Nicki asked. "No it's worse," I said and looked around. "Piper asked me to the prom," I whispered.

Nicki squealed and said, "That's great. You two will be so cute together!" "No Nicki you don't understand," I said. Nicki closed her locker and we headed for the gym. "I don't see what the problem is. Piper's nice, smart, and well...he asked you," Nicki said. "Why don't you go with him," I asked. "I can't. Boys and I don't mix," Nicki said.

"Well boys and I don't mix," I said. Nicki shook her head and said, "We had a deal Lita. Piper asks you, you have to accept." I rolled my eyes and said, "I never thought he would ask." "Not even deep down," Nicki asked. Well I did think about it but that was only once. Why would anyone want to go with me in the first place?

"Get dressed and be quick about it," our gym teacher said. Her name reminds me of a fish but it's slipping my mind. "Ms. Gills is really worked up today," Nicki said. "Right," I said. I have to remember Ms. Gills' name. Nicki and I walked out of the locker room and I was starting to panic. What if Piper wants an answer? I have to tell him no. No would be my best choice. I just won't go to the prom.

"Well Lita either you go to prom with me or Piper," Nicki said. Well that killed my last idea. "I'll just go with you then," I said. "I was being sarcastic. Is there some reason you can't go with Piper," Nicki asked. I looked around the room for an excuse and saw a rope. "My dad will tie me up if I'm not his little girl forever," I said. Nicki started to laugh and I laughed with her. Thank goodness I'm a good liar.

"Well just tell him you're going with me. Problem solved right," Nicki asked. I nodded and Nicki smiled. "Prom is going to be great! This memory will be worth everything," Nicki said. "Nicki its just prom," I said. "Right I know that," Nicki said and Ms. Gills blew her whistle. "We're climbing rope girls. Line up," Ms. Gills said.

I sighed and walked toward the rope. All my bruises are covered. I'm wearing a long sleeved, tight shirt and stockings. Of course I'm hot but I have to be extra careful. Dad's bruises are getting worse. "God I hate this rope," Nicki said. "That's because you don't exercise," I said and walked closer.

"Who are you to talk? Last year you almost failed gym," Nicki said. I shrugged and Nicki walked up to the rope. "Any day Ms. Reed," Ms. Gills said. Nicki grabbed the rope and made it to the top. Nicki took a while but that's what separates me from Nicki. Nicki never gives up.

When Nicki touched the ground, her cheeks were red and she was breathing hard. "Go Ms. Catkin," Ms. Gills said so I couldn't help Nicki. I walked to the rope and grabbed it. Now what? "Pull Ms. Catkin," Ms. Gills said and I nodded. I pulled hard on the rope and my feet left the ground. This is burning my back. My arms started to sting and my hands were clenched tightly on the rope.

I tried to pull myself up again but I fell on my back. The pain was terrible but I couldn't make a scene. I felt tears swell in my eyes because the pain was that bad. I don't cry over small things. Not with a life like mine. "Ms. Catkin are you ok," MS. Gills asked. "Yes ma'am," I said and stood up.