Ch. 13 The Emotional Laceration of an American Girl.

Lalita's POV

When we turned the corner I couldn't believe my eyes. It was my dad and that slut. They were laughing and looked like they were having a good time. "Lalita why are you crying," Piper asked. I touched my face and tears were running down fast. I can't let him see me. I pulled Piper to the corner and as far away from my dad as possible.

The image kept replaying in my mind. Her head leaning against his shoulder and his arm around her. Then she turned and hit him playfully causing them to laugh. I've never seen dad so happy. Why wasn't he ever that happy with me? I've always been there. I wanted him to love me.

Piper stopped and made me look at him. "Lalita what's going on? Do you need to go to the hospital or something," he asked. I stared into his eyes. They were amber and held concern. Concern that he shouldn't have towards me. "I-I'm fine. It's just that I have to go," I said. He looked at me a little longer and then sighed. "Well ok. I'll bring you back," he said and we headed towards the exit. I made sure that there was no way for dad to see us.

We got into his black car and he turned the radio on low. "So who was that man," he asked casually. "M-My father," I managed to reply. He nodded. "So you're grounded or something," he asked. "Yeah..." "Well ok but why were you crying?" "I just...I um...A bad memory," I said and then looked out the window. "Do you know where I live," I asked. He laughed lightly. "Not really. I'm just hoping that we're going the right way. Are we," he asked. I smiled and said, "Yep. I'll give you directions." He nodded and drove silently.

"So...that lady is your mom," he asked. I rolled my eyes. As if. Like I could ever be related to that whore. "Do I look like her," I whispered. "Not really and that's why I was asking. But you don't look like your dad either so...," he trailed off. I sighed. "Well that's my...um...my dad's girlfriend." He nodded. "I had a great time Piper," I said. He looked at me and grinned. "I'm glad. We'll do this again when you're not grounded." I laughed lightly and grinned. "Definitely," I said.

************************

"Thanks for the ride Piper," I said. We were standing in front of my door. "It was no problem. Now you have a ride places," he said and I laughed. "I guess I do. Well I better get inside before my dad catches us," I said. He nodded and I started to walk inside. "Lalita," he said and then grabbed my wrist. I turned around and he kissed my cheek.

I stood there shocked and he grinned. "Good night," he whispered. "Good night," I whispered back and he walked back to his car. As he walked back I really took in his features. He had black hair in an emo cut and with his amber eyes he looked unique. He had a lean build but looked in shape. He didn't look like a rail but he was definitely on the tall, slim, model side.

He got in the car and gave me one last wave before heading off. I stood there watching his car go down the street. What's the worst that could happen if I hang out with Piper? I could die by my father's hands. But then who would cook for him? Oh yeah that whore. I sighed and walked into the house. It was dark so I turned on the lights. Ahh...home sweet home.

I left the rest of the lights off and walked towards my room. Did dad eat? I'll fix him something anyways. He might be eating with the whore. I hope that's all he's doing with her. I turned on the shower and stepped in. Do I have any shampoo? Nope...I'm too lazy to get it from under the sink too. I closed my eyes and let the water take over me.

Piper's fun to be with. No doubt about that but is he good for me? What if dad catches us? I'll have to make sure we don't go anywhere dad would. Then again I never thought I'd see my dad at the museum. I mean he's just not the type. Then I heard something downstairs. I turned off the water quickly and hopped out of the shower. I slipped and my leg twisted weirdly. "Lalita," my father exclaimed. What now? Did he catch me? I tried to stand up but my ankle was twisted. What should I do!?

"Lita if you don't get your ass down these stairs in 3 minutes you're gonna get hell," he exclaimed. I crawled to my clothes and found a dress and clean underwear. "2 minutes," he exclaimed. My dad really needs a math tutor. I threw the clothes on and used the wall to help me stand up. My ankle was on fire but I'll have to endure it. I slowly made my way towards the stairs.

"Lita," he exclaimed and threw something against the wall. I turned the corner and went down the first three steps slowly. "Y-Yes sir," I asked. "Where were you!?" I stood there shocked. "I-I was at work," I said. "You're lying," he said and threw a book at my leg. My knee went out and I rolled down the stairs. Sure it hurt but I've felt worse. "Why the fuck are you on the ground!?" Bastard.

I tried to sit up but my arms kept giving out on me. My dad cracked his knuckles and pulled me by my hair. "Do you think I like being made a fool of," he asked forcing me to look at him. "N-no sir," I said. Is he finally going to kill me? Is he going to end all my pain? I sure hope so. "Well then why didn't you answer," he asked while punching me in the face. "I-I don't know! I'm sorry," I said. He punched me again and kicked my stomach. I think that was a rib actually. "You left! Where were you!? Out with your mother!? I should've known she would come back for you! Why I don't know since you're just a little slut. Maybe I should treat you like a slut," he said.

I started to cry. "I'm sorry sir. I'm sorry! Work was late! I brought you some money. $49 in fact! Just one more and its fifty," I said. He kicked my ankle making me cry out in pain. "Shut up! I'll take that money and make something from you. I might as well since you're eating my food. Get in the car and be quiet about it," he said. I was scared shitless so I did what he said. I didn't have any shoes on but I still went. What's he going to do with me?

I opened the door and sat down. I buckled the seatbelt and stared at the road. Down this road would be my doom. Was he going to kill me and then leave my body somewhere? Maybe. Was he going to sell me? Probably. Was I going to live after this? I doubt it. He jumped into the car and gave me some shoes. "Here. Put these on and be quick about it," he said.

They were black stilettos and they were slutty. He also had a box of stuff but I couldn't figure out what was inside. I didn't ask either. I just did what I was told. He sped down the street. "Why didn't you answer bitch? I was somewhere important and all you had to do was answer the damn phone! Where were you," he demanded. "I was at work sir. You can have all the money. It's at home. If we go back I can give it to you," I said trying to work myself out of the situation. "Trust me. I'll get it plus some. You're just good for nothing. I give you a place to stay, food, and water and this is how you act?! I'm surprised you're not whoring like your mother. But don't worry. I'll take care of that tonight."

Was he going to rape me? If so why didn't he just do it at home? He pulled to a stop and turned me towards him roughly. "If you do anything. Anything that I don't like your dead. Got it," he demanded. I nodded. He slapped my check and said, "Got it?!" "Yes sir," I said and he got out of the car with the box. He unlocked the door and pulled me into a warehouse. What's going to happen to me?