Ch. 2 The Emotional Laceration of an American Girl.

This is not Lalita's POV! Just head's up! Oh this also has some cursing and abuse in it. Yeah this story isn't PG.

*******

I'm 4 years old and all I've even known is pain. No one has ever hugged me or wiped my tears or kissed my cuts too make the better. Mommy sold her body and Daddy is a supplier. Daddy told me that she died and that Mommy was a prostitute. He said it harsher but I refuse to believe it. Mommy tried to love me but that ended badly. She ran out of the house bloody that night and in tears. I never saw her again after that night. Daddy told me that she was a low down lying dirty little whore. I'm not sure what that means but I guess that's not good. I don't know what daddy supplies but he told me it's a secret. I've never had a family dinner. I usually go to the corner store and eat there. I once tried to eat while my father was there and it ended in him throwing a plate at my head. It's my fault. If I was a better child then my father would hug me. My father was upstairs with some lady. I've learned from the past never to interrupt him when he's upstairs with a lady. Oh no! They're coming downstairs! I'll hide! It's too late. Um...I should just turn on the TV. I turn it on and act like I'm paying attention. Daddy is usually in a very good mood after he's with a lady. I could hear kissing noises and then I heard the door open.

(lady) "See you later babe."

(daddy) "I'll look forward to it." They started kissing again and finally she left. I didn't look back. I heard the fridge open so I guess he got a beer. "Kayden get yo ass up now!" I shot up and turned towards him. "Come here boy!" I ran towards him and he pulled me up by my shirt. I guess he was in a very bad mood. "Listen up. I'm going out and you are to stay inside. Understand?"

"Yes Sir." He threw me against the wall like I was worthless. Then he walked over towards me.

"Look at you! You're a sorry mistake. I should've never slept with that hoe in the first place." He spat on me. "Don't open the door for anybody. Understand?" I nodded slightly but it wasn't good enough for him. He broke the beer bottle and dragged me around by my shirt until I was in front of his belt closet. He pulled me up, got a belt, and threw me back on the floor. I could smell my blood. "I just had a hoe come and clean my carpet! You're gonna get it now!" He beat me with the belt. My skin fnurselt like it was peeling away. I guess that wasn't enough because he dragged me by my foot towards the kitchen. He stopped and then kicked me. I coughed up blood. "Stop bleeding all over my tiles!" He kicked me again and I tried to swallow the blood down. It hurt so much. I heard the fridge open and him opening another beer bottle. He drunk it and then threw the bottle towards me. Then another and another. He hit me on the back once and on the head twice. He must've had at least five. He got up and crouched near my face. "Listen boy, I'm going out. Don't open the door for nobody. Understand?" I tried to nod but it wasn't good enough for him so he punched my back. "Understand!?"

"Yes Sir." He stood up and kicked me one more time before leaving the house. I stayed like that for hours. I felt glass in the wounds in my back and they were deep. I was exhausted. I slept that night on the cold, hard kitchen floors surrounded in my blood.

******

I woke up that morning by the rays of sunshine pouring in through the window. I tried to standup but couldn't. I looked up and saw a chair on the other side of the kitchen. I army crawled over there through the broken glass. It was so painful because it opened up my wounds all over again. I want to just give up this life. Why me? Why do I have to go through this? Still, I worked my way over to the chair and slowly pulled myself up. I sat in the chair gasping for air. Something's wrong.

"Daddy?" No answer. Maybe he's sleeping on the couch. I strained my neck to look over to the living room. No one was there. "Daddy?!" No answer. What's going on? If daddy did come back home, he would've beaten me up for sleeping on the floor so that means he didn't come home. What am I going to do? He said don't let anyone in. I'll just wait it out. I should take a bath to get this glass out of my back. I should be able to walk in an hour. Nothing to do but wait.