Ch. 18 The Emotional Laceration of an American Girl.

Hey guys! I made this one a little longer so I hope you enjoy!

~*~

Lita's POV

I woke up under a bright light. It smells so clean here. Am I in heaven? After living in my hell I can't tell what's good and what's great. Everything seems amazing in my eyes if it's a bit better. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw my father. He looked pissed. I tried to close my eyes before he saw me but it was too late. He walked over to me slowly and I started to panic.

"I know you're awake," he said. What is he going to do to me? He traced my arm with his finger and say, "I had to leave work to come here." He waited for my reply so I said, "I-I'm sorry sir." His eyes flashed with anger and revenge. He looked like he was ready to strangle me but someone came in. I looked over and it was an angel.

To the normal person she would just be a nurse but she wasn't to me. She was an Asian lady with a bright smile. She walked over to the bed and asked, "Can you tell me your name?" "Lita. Lalita Catkin," I said. My name. My identity. The words that define me. I wish I could change it.

"That's right. The school said you bumped into a locker while getting to class. Is that correct," the nurse asked. Those bitches. They have way too much influence on the principal. "That's right," I said. If I told the truth no one would believe me. So what's the point? "Well Lita you're going to be fine. You had a bit of internal bleeding but we fixed you up so you're as good as new. You did have a few bruises on your arms and legs though-," she said but I cut her off by saying, "I'm very clumsy. Sorry if I worried the doctors."

The nurse raised her eyebrows at me but let it go. "That changes things a bit. In that case the doctor says that you can leave now. Just make sure you take some pain medication right before you go to bed," she said. She left the room after doing a check up and my angel left me with the devil.

Dad smiled at me and said, "Look at all the money you're costing me. I'll get my cash trust me. You're working for Alexi tonight. Be at the house in two hours." He headed for the door but gave me a final glance. It was filled with hatred and greed. He walked out of the room and I've never felt so alone. I broke down and started to cry.

Why doesn't he love me? I do everything for him. I've tried to be a daughter he's proud of but why does he do this to me?! Why did mom leave me? Mom. More like the stupid bitch. If she didn't leave everything would've been perfect. We would've been normal. I would've had good grades, popularity, a boyfriend, car, and happiness. Happiness. I wouldn't care about those other things as long as I had the happiness.

;

That's what I crave. I need it. It isn't fair that others get it without doing anything. Every day I keep going just to catch a glimpse of it. I heard the door open and I quickly wiped my tears. "Lita...are you ok," someone asked. I looked over and it was Nicole. I gave her a fake smile. "Oh yeah. The meds they gave me are making me emotional," I said. Nicole locked the door and then walked towards me. "Piper tried to see you but he couldn't get in. He didn't have my connections so he wanted me to give this to you," she said.

She handed me a white rose with a get will card tied around the stem. That's so sweet. I'm glad he thought about me. "So...I heard you bumped into a locker. This is exactly why I tell you to keep your head up," Nicki said. "I'm sorry Nicki. I know," I said and put the rose on the counter.

"The prom is coming up," Nicki said. I nodded. "Nicki who are you going to the prom with," I asked. Nicki blushed and said, "I might just go alone." I was shocked. "Nicki I'm the one who's supposed to be the lonely girl. A lot of guys like you!" "Yeah but...I don't want the relationship," she said and lightly smiled. I thought I saw pain in her eyes. I sighed and sat back. "Fine but I really think you should have a date," I said. Nicki smiled and said, "I'll have a date if you do." "What?! No one even knows I exists," I said. She grinned and said, "Piper does." I blushed and looked down.