34 | Their Kiss

As I left Anton and Joe I fixed my skirt as it had riled it's way up my upper thighs. The clicking of my heels against the wooden patio made Tommy look up from his lap and turn to me. "Ready for that chat?" I asked as I stood beside the bed, waiting for his response.

"Yeah, of course. Terrace?" He asked making me nod and walk off with him following behind. As we walked up the stairs I began to think about everything I had to get off my chest and before I knew it we were sitting down facing one another.

"So basically I felt like pulling you for a chat to tell you how it is. I'm not here to be made to look like a mug, I'm here to find a genuine connection with someone. I'm not mad or upset that your head has turned- you're your own person so I'm not gonna stop you from liking the girl, you get me?" I said making him nod showing that he was listening and following along. "You and Maura can crack on, it will bother me at first but at the end of the day the balls are in your court. It's your decision." I finished making him stare at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"So how are you feeling? About us." He said after we sat in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Obviously you might not agree but it's just how I feel personally." I pointed out before saying anything. "I feel like an idiot for actually believing and trusting you in a way. Like after everything we said and stuff I just feel like that trust we built is gone. And of course you can't help who you're attracted too so I'm not blaming you in any way. That's just have I feel." I said with a small shrug. We just stared at one another as Tommy took in everything I had just told him.

"I completely understand I-." He stopped himself before laughing nervously. "I'm sorry I just don't really know what to say." He confessed.

"It's fine. I just wanted to get it off my chest before everything builds up and gets too much for me. But honestly crack on, you do you." I said with a smile. Instead of saying anything he just stood up and brung me into a hug.

"Thanks for understanding." He mumbled into my neck as he held onto me.

"It's fine babe, honest." I said as we pulled away, him moving back so I could stand up. "Let's get back down there." I said cheerily making him smile slightly.

~ • ~

Tommy and I joined everyone in the kitchen. I caught Micheal staring at me making me roll my eyes playfully before smiling and telling him to come chat with me.

"Right what's up? You're giving me the sad eyes." I said making him laugh lightly.

"I just wanted to make sure we were okay after what I said last night. I think I was just pissed off at the way some people were acting and I shouldn't have said what I did. So I'm sorry." He apologised making me smile.

"Apology accepted." I said before bringing him in for a hug.

~ • ~

Yewande, Amber, Micheal and I sat around the beanbags. "If Danny went to kiss you, would you kiss him?" Micheal asked.

"Yes. She would." Amber answered straight away making Yewande and I laugh.

"Ambers my spokesperson." She laughed.

"You'd kiss him though, wouldn't you?" I said making her shake her head.

"Oh come on, kiss him." Micheal said.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Yewande said.

"Kiss him. Kiss him." Amber quietly cheered making me laugh at her.

"Why not?" I asked as Yewande continued to shake her head.

"Cause I feel like everyone would be watching, you know what I mean?" She said making me nod.

"If you go to the swing only we can see." I pointed out making Micheal and Amber quickly agree.

"Ugh, Fine. I'll go talk to him." She said standing up. The three of us started re-positioning our beanbags so we had a clear perspective of them. As they sat down we all had our eyes on them.

"I feel like Danny knows yous are watching." Micheal said making me laugh as I turned to him.

"I can't help it. I want to see everything." I said making Amber laugh and agree as we turned to face them again.

"Here it goes." She said excitedly.

"It's happening." I squealed discreetly. The two leaned in and shared the perfect first kiss. As soon as they pulled away Amber and I stood up and started cheering.

"Can't yous like mind your own business." Yewande laughed out as Micheal and I ran around excitedly.

Kayla: I feel like Yewande is finally getting somewhere and it's just so nice to see because she's like one of my best friends in here and she deserves it so much.

Everyone started getting ready for bed. Elma and I walked down the stairs together as we both had to fill up our water bottles. Elma stopped at the water container outside the living room area where I spotted Tommy and Maura on the couch together. Once she filled her bottle up I was left to fill my own.

"Come sleep outside." Maura said with a smirk.

"I would but I can't." Tommy said making me shake my head and leave.

"You okay?" Joe asked as I sat on his and Lucie's bed.

"Yeah, just wanted to say goodnight." I smiled.

"What's wrong?" Lucie asked as she sat up more.

"Nothing." I laughed from the growing frustration inside of me. I felt my eyes glaze over making me stand up. "I have to use the toilet." I said quickly before walking out of the bedroom and up the stairs to sit outside on the terrace. I let the tears fall from my eyes once I got outside and just sat there.

No matter how much I say Maura and Tommy cracking on won't bother me, it really does. I've literally known the boy for two weeks and I feel so stupid for feeling this attached to him already. It just hurts to see him slowly moving on from me.

I wiped my eyes and made sure they weren't puffy or red before entering the bedroom. As I walked to my bed I avoided everyone's eyes as I didn't want to bore anyone with my pathetic problem.

• • •

No one was there for our Kayla ;(

Do you think Kayla has every right to be upset or do you think she's overreacting?

Thank you for reading x