Akeno "What is it?"

You looked her in the eye with a serious expression. 

Who is Barqiel?

Her eye's shot open and she looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact. 

Akeno "My father."

Your face didn't change, waiting for her to go on. 

Akeno "I am the half breed daughter of the leader of the fallen angels Barqiel, and a human."

You just kept on looking, your face not changing in the slightest. 

Akeno "My mother was a lonely shrine maiden. One day, she discovered an injured fallen angel and nursed him back to health. She did her job well. They fell fell in love, and soon enough, I came along."

She stopped, and you swore she felt like crying.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.

She stood up and turned around, letting the back end of her maiden outfit fall back, revealing mismatching wings. One being from a devil, and the other of a fallen angel. 

Akeno "These, signs of my heritage that I try to hide. I hated my Fallen-Angel side, so I jumped on the opportunity to become a devil when Rias offered it, despite father. Maybe it was my half blood, but it was a sad marriage between both types of wings. What could be a better way to show off my impure lineage? Some mismatched plumage."

Nobody POV

Y/n stood up and walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her into a hug as he closed his eyes and snuggled into her neck.

Look, I know how you feel. And before you say no, I know how you really feel and some. 

She shifted in his grasp, wondering by what his words meant. She looked down, tears falling down her face.  

Akeno "What do you mean?"

Remember how Micheal said the previous owner of the blades killed Hades?

Akeno "Yeah? He also killed many others and even gained the ability to use Daedalus's wings didn't he?"

Yup, that's exactly right. He mended them with his body and used them on his journey. Now, don't take this as a surprise but...

A pair of wings wrapped around her, she followed them to Y/n as she looked on in shock. 

Akeno "But, these are....it couldn't be.......your?"

Yup, I'm that little boy that is still roaming free. I learned about what my father did many years after he passed, and you have no idea how many people want to end that boy's life. But, I trust you to keep this secret. After all, you shared something so precious with me, it's the least I can do.

She looked on in shock.

No matter what anyone else says, and when no one sticks by your side I will. Don't get me wrong, if you make a bad call I'll call you out on it, but I know you would do the same thing to me.

The wings retreated slowly, slipping back into his back as Akeno looked on. He raised his head up, opening his eyes and looking at her with a sense of understanding.

Your you, no matter what. It's part of that reason that you have made such a special place in my heart. 

She turned around, both of her wings disappearing before she grabbed his head and brought his lips to hers. Y/n's eye's went wide, but he eventually leaned into it. A passionate kiss shared between the two of them.