Ch. 8 - Meet Clary, Satan's daughter

"CLASS, I HAVE an announcement," Mrs

"CLASS, I HAVE an announcement," Mrs. Fray, our history teacher, announced.

I looked towards her, but she was writing something in the board.

She looked back at the class with a smile.

"Thanksgiving break starts after Friday, as you all know. I want you to take this time to write an essay on your family's history," she said, and half the class groaned.

"This isn't going to be hard. You have a whole week to learn information. Plus, it will be fifty percent of your final grade this semester. It has to be 600 words, at least. So now that's out of the way, let's learn about the Civil War."

For the rest of the class I zoned out. I don't know anything my family's past. I don't have any contact with them, either. When my mother left, her family didn't contact us every again. My father was a only child, and his parents died.

When class was over, I walked out with Nichole and Nick, who were talking about sports.

I just need to calm down. I'll just ask Rachel. Yep, that's what I'll do.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"We have to do this assignment in Mrs. Fray's class where we have to learn about our family's history," Nichole told the group.

"I remember that assignment last year. It's not hard and really interesting," Anna said, putting a grape in her mouth.

"Of course, you would think it was interesting," Gavin said, and Elliot threw a grape at him.

Everybody laughed, but me. I was still thinking about that assignment. I was so deep into thought that I didn't realize that Brent tapped my shoulder.

I flinch a little, but I smiled at him.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just worried about that chemistry test after Thanksgiving break," I lied. I am worried about the test, but I have a lot more to worry about right now.

"If you want, I can help you study," he offered.

"That would be amazing, but you really don't have to," I said, grabbing my water.

He waved it off. "I don't mind. It would be my pleasure."

"Well, thank you," I said with small smile.

"Why is Clary Hems walking over here right now?" Nichole asked, nodding her head towards the other tables.

I turned around to see a girl walking towards us with a big grin on her face. When she stopped at our table, she placed her hands on her hips.

Her long red hair was covering her shoulders, and her brown eyes were looking straight at me.

"Welcome to Midville High. I'm Clary, and I'm the captain of the cheerleading team," she introduced herself.