TWENTYSEVEN|SELLYOURSOUL

It had been three days since Astoria, or

It had been three days since Astoria, or...Amelia, I wasn't really sure who she was or what to call her anymore, had vanished into the woodland.

Ozymandias and I had spent the long nights scanning the vast darkness. Every night we came up empty.

The alpha had been.. different since that night, softer, gentler.. kinder.

I wasn't sure how to feel about him, my heart called to him, it told me to trust him, that his intentions were pure. My head however, screamed to run. Something about the darkness in his eyes cried out to me that something was wrong, but my body betrayed me, every time he was near I felt weak.. I hated it.

He didn't even have to say anything for the weakness to set in, his scent was purely enough. Strong and dark and rich,
something distinctly male.

Still every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was his staring back at me, stunningly gold. Like two suns caught in a blinding explosion of fire and ash.

The moon hung full in the night sky, so dark it seemed almost purple. The only sounds that echoed through the forest being our footsteps.

"Why did he kill her?" I turned to Ozymandias, not thinking he would actually answer. He had always told me it wasn't his story to tell and left it at that, but now.. everything was different.

I held a finger to my lip, remembering the Alpha's taste. Like fire and whiskey.

-And I loved the way it burned.

I had returned to his office every night since for another taste. I was addicted to the thought of him, to his touch, the way his fingers brushed my neck, the way his strong arms held me. With him I felt the safe, yet somehow unsafe at the same time.

With him the only danger I had to his was him himself.

"He had to. He had no choice." Ozymandias's grey locks seemed as though they were forged from silver under the moons icy glow.

I laughed dryly. "No one forced him to do anything. No one held a gun to his head and made him tie the rope that she hung from."

Nothing could dull the horrid feeling that are away inside of me. I was falling for my sisters murderer, and I hated it. I should run away, like Astoria. Except she wasn't Astoria anymore, the sharp yet fiercely loyal Oracle I had been thrown to... Now she was a cold blooded killer, a psychotic murderer.

"If he didn't the entire pack would've been wiped out. So yes, he was forced."

I clenched my jaw, "You're wrong. Mare would never have harmed her pack. I don't even believe she started the fire, accident or not."