EIGHT|EROS

He was so beautiful, like a full sky on a dark winter night

He was so beautiful, like a full sky on a dark winter night. Dew drops settled on his coat, sparkling like stars in the premature sun.

His eyes were the moon, piercing and so near yet so distant. I wanted to reach out, to run my fingers through his thick black fur.

His lip curled in a hard faced snarl.
Wind danced through the wood, swaying the trees and blowing hair across my face. I didn't dare break his gaze.

We were two animals, trapped, neither wanting to be the first to look away.

I wrapped my arms over chest, with the wind came a bitter chill that stung my skin. The soaked T-shirt clung to my body like a second skin.

"Please." I whispered.

The beast flashed a wicked grin, a second of sharp teeth and pink gum. A low rumble came from deep within the animal, something primal, something from the core that was so animalistic it had me praying for my legs to keep me standing.

It began to slowly stalk toward me, and with every predatory step I became increasingly aware of the shear size of him.

He was a mountain of tightly bound muscle. Woven with the darkness that held fast to his core.

I was frozen. Sheer terror was cold and creeping, infecting my spine and causing my fingers to tremble. I held myself tighter for fear that if I let go, I may fall apart.

The beast was so close I could feel its warm breath fanning the my bare skin as it cast its piercing eyes over my scantily clad figure.

The rumble intensified, ripping through the air as a hard bark. I stumbled back.

I held a hand up as if to shield myself from an attack, but it soon fell limply to my side.
The wolf had backed off a foot or so, staring at me in curiosity.

"What do you want from me?" The breathless whisper fell from my parted lips before I could think stop it.

His lip curled to reveal rows of pointed teeth, I moved to back off again, but the wolf only began to climb the hill once more, stopping after ten feet or so to stare back at me though haunting blue eyes.

I felt his bark shake my very bones, though something in it compelled me forward. Something about it forced my towards the beast.

Once he saw that I was now in tow he carried on his decent up to the cliff face.

We walked for what felt like hours, until the sun was no longer freshly born but was now high in the sky, though it offered no warmth, only a biting chill that was carried on the breath of the wind.