SIX|REX

Cold hands quivered on colder stone

Their latest experiment was by far their most painful yet.I screamed and thrashed on the floor. -I was dying.

White foam dribbled from the corner of my lip, down my chin onto my neck and chest.

My body shook violently, a cold sweat began to gather on my skin. "What's happening to me?!" I cried, staring at the white coat with wide, fearful eyes.

The white coat only smirked, holding his clipboard close to his chest. "You're going through the pain of a Lycanthrope shift."

No. It was too early, I was only fourteen. Shifts usually happened around eighteen years of age, earlier shifts were unheard of.

I tried to speak but no words came out, only screams. I clutched at my throat as I felt it close up. I gasped and choked as I struggled to suck in air.

It sounded as though the very air cracked as the first of my bones shattered, reforming to that of a monster.

I tried to beg the white coat for help, instead he turned his back and left. This experiment obviously wasn't interesting enough for him.

I experienced my fist shift alone that night. I was so scared, I wondered if I would die... At some points I wished I would.

***

"Astoria!" I cried as I ran up the wooden steps and flung open the cabin door. "Astoria! I have so much to tell you!"

She only shot me her usual bored stare as the continued to sip crimson liquid from her glass. "What." She drawled.

I quickly sat at the old wooden table in the centre of the cabin. "Well I was chasing this fat buck when a bear jumped in front of us and started chasing us!" I threw my hands in the air, trying to prove to her just how large this bear was. "She was so fast but we were faster! And afterwards I met Flick and she shook my hand!" I felt like a child, but I couldn't help it my wolf hadn't felt freedom in such a long time.

Astorias glare suddenly turned ice cold. "You did what!" She growled. "I told you not to show your skin, let alone go and shake the fucking Luna's hand!"

"Oh.." Was all I could say.
I hadn't spared a second to thought about the promise I had made Astoria. I was selfish.

"You're going to get us both fucking killed if she tells him." She hissed. "He'll kill us both you realise!"

"If she tells who?" Worry etched it's way into the pit of my stomach, clenching it like a vice until a sickening feeling rose in my throat.