FIVE|VENARI

"Astoria when can I meet the rest of the pack?" I mused as I stirred the bubbling red liquid that soon began to smoke, Astoria rushed over, snatching the pot away

"Astoria when can I meet the rest of the pack?" I mused as I stirred the bubbling red liquid that soon began to smoke, Astoria rushed over, snatching the pot away. "Stolida! Don't let it burn!"

"Sorry." I mumbled, following her over to the wooded table where she crushed three fat red berries and poured the juice into the mixture. "It's just it's kind of lonely out here... Don't you think?"

"No." She snapped. "I prefer it this way, besides we need to keep you hidden from the Alpha for as long as possible."

"But why? What would he do?" I groaned, she had been telling me the same excuse for three days straight though I had not yet gotten an answer.

"It's not what he would do that worries me, it's what it would do to him."

"..I don't understand?"

"You don't need to... at least not yet." She hummed as the mixture turned a deep purple and she poured it into a glass vile.

"Please Astoria, at least let me hunt."

"The game here is different to out there, it's far more dangerous." She sighed, she was no doubt getting tired of my constant wining yet I couldn't stop myself. "You have to realise that, there are bears and wild boar that would make mince meat out of a runt like you."

"Please!" I sounded like a child but I didn't care, my wolf ached to run, to kill. She licked her lips at the thought of a nice juicy boar.

"The Luna is leaving a hunt going to the north border in a few hours time." She seemed worn as she ran a hand through her dark raven locks. "I will let you go on one condition..."

"Anything."

"Don't show you're skin to anyone, especially Flick." Her eyes bore into mine, hard and unwavering. If looks could kill I would have died a thousand deaths. My wolf pranced within me, I had no idea who Flick was not why I couldn't show her my skin but I didn't care. I was just glad to be free. "Let's just hope your fur side doesn't standout as much as your skin side."

"I promise."

***

"Just join the hunt as seamlessly as you can. Don't let anyone know you're not from here." The Oracles voice echoed through my head. I shot her one final look in the distance as I ran behind a tree, stripping bare and shifting.

"Shit." Astoria cursed through the link. "Why do you have to look just like her."

"What?" I questioned, feeling self conscious in my fur. "Just like who?"