FIFTEEN|DOMUM

The night of the Altum ball

The car ground to a halt before the packhouse. An orange light grew from within the immense stone building. Colossal white pillars confined the amber glow, silhouettes of finely dressed ladies and their male counterparts held strong against the light.

I couldn't bring myself to open the door. My hand outstretched for the handle, but I couldn't quite touch it, my finger tips burned with the thought of the cold metal, the cold night air. My head spun with the thought of the crowd, the Alphas' and Lunas'. Thick waves of power oozed from every orifice, strong enough the penetrate the car. It filled with the scent and soon I was drowning.

Hand outstretched, ready to pull the door open.
There would be no going back once that door opened. I could turn around now, I could go back, I could run.

The door burst open, with it came the cold nights bitter chill.

"What are you waiting for? Get out." Astoria snapped.

I climbed out, smoothing down the baby blue silk. Astoria has given it to me, in truth the dress was the most stunning thing I had ever seen. The simplicity was what made it so beautiful, no crystals nor jewels needed to bring the piece together.

Thin straps held the slip dress low enough on my dress for a teasing hint of cleavage to be visage, and the soft silk clung to every curve of my body. For once I felt self conscious, I felt exposed. I pushed through it, walking side by side with Astoria up the stone stairs. Armed guards stood either side of the entrance, "Name." One of them barked, I shifted slightly so I was behind Astoria.

"Astoria Karter." She purred, her blood red dress hugged every curve and plane of her enviable figure, her dark hair tucked into an elegantly messy bun. One flash of her pearly white teeth, one smile from her ruby lips, and they would be under her spell. In truth Astoria was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. But there was always something off about her, I got an aura of unease around her. She had a secret, a big one at that. Seemed like everyone here did.

The guard dragged half hooded eyes along her stunning figure. "You can pass."

She smirked and strutted in, I went to follow when one of the guards stepped out in front of me. "Not so fast, identify yourself."
I kept my head down, "I'm with Astoria..."

"Doesn't matter, the King demands everyone be accounted for." He barked. "Identify yourself."

His shadow seemed to loom ominously over me like a dark cloud. "Artemis." I mumbled.

"Well, Artemis." He said lowly, I felt a finger on my chin, tilting my head up. "You should look at people when they're talking to you."

His finger fell away the moment my eyes met his. Shock echoed in his empty counternance.

I walked past without a second glance.

My hands kept them selves busy, twisting one of the slight rings Astoria had let me borrow for the night. My dress had a slit that held up to my mid thigh, a gentle wind whispered against my leg, reminding me of just how vulnerable I was.

"There you are." I almost shat myself as a pair of familiar female hands grabbed me from behind. "I was beginning to think you had ditched."

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I whisper yelled, not wanting to attract attention. Astoria merely rolled her eyes.

One look around and a sickening feeling had settled in the pit of my stomach. I was nearly bowled over by just the scent of the raw dominance that oozed off of almost everyone in the room. Everyone had a title, a purpose. Except for me.
Well- except the Ismara pack members that had been invited. Deep down I scanned the crowd for a familiar face, for him. To no avail, every male here was atleast 6'3 dwarfing my average frame. Some of the females wore gowns of the richest cloths, dripping in jewels and gold. Still I felt not a single one even came close to Astoria, with her perfect dark hair and shocking blue eyes.

"Come on, I want to get absolutely shit-faced. Where are the drinks?" She smirked with a flash of pure white, contrasting to her blood red lipstick. "You coming-"

Her face dropped, completely frozen she stared at something in the crowd, I turned around to see what she was looking at. At first, I saw nothing. Then somebody shifted and he came into view, a man, distantly familiar, almost as though I had known in a past life stared back at Astoria.

"Who is that?" I asked, looking away. Her stare turned to a glare of pure hatred and disgust. "No one. He's no one." She spat.

When I looked back he was no longer looking at Astoria. He was now gaping at me, mouth parted in disbelief. I couldn't look away, from his electric blue eyes. His hair was pale white, just like mine.

He stared towards us, pushing and shoving his way through the crowd of elites. His scent reached my nostrils, he smelled of... home. Though I wasn't exactly sure was home was anymore.

He broke the crowd with out preliminaries or hesitation he approached, stopping a safe enough distance away.

He opened his mouth but no words came out, at least not at first. When he did speak my heart lept to my throat.

"Mouse... is it really you?"

***
Who is mouse?🤭
Who is the man?🙊
What is Astorias secret?🤐
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟