TWELVE|TRISTITIA

"What happened to you?" He whispered

Words hovered at the edges of my lips, one hundred story's ready to spill if it weren't for the voice screaming at the top of its lungs in my head.

It screamed selfish desires.

To keep.
To hold.

In a way, she was right. My story's were the last thing that were mine and mine alone.

"I-"
In a second it ripped straight through my heart.

I fell down.

Down.

Down.

Hitting the floor with a crash of mind and bone. I was dying. My heart cried bitter tears, as Ozymandias shouted frantically above me, holding a sparkle of ice cold fear in his silver eyes.

I felt it rip through my life with no preliminaries, just pure destruction, tearing through my chest.

He took my in his arms, he was much stronger than I had anticipated for a man in his lake fifties, still he had never struck me as frail. Ozymandias has a solid frame, with thick arms ordained with an abundance of ink.

He took me to the cabin.

I couldn't speak, only scream as my heart was torn in two.

He placed me gentle on the table, as though I could shatter like glass at any wrong touch. I worried that if I shattered nobody would stay to pick up the pieces of me.

I don't think I could put myself back together again.

Deep lines marred Astoria's pretty face, genuine concern seeped out of every pore. Another song of pain shocked my body, both Astoria and Ozymandias tried to still my thrashing body.

"Artemis! Calm down!" Astoria hissed as another scream exercised itself from my lips.

Ozymandias' eyes flickered between Astoria and I withworry. "What's wrong with her?"

"If it's what I think it is.. We're fucked." She grunted, holding my wrists in one hand and grabbing a small blue vile in the other, she ripped the cork out with her teeth, pouring the salty liquid down my throat.

It burned, but the droplets were nothing compared to the ocean of suffering that crashed against every part of me.

A flicker of understanding hit the male. "Oh..Shit.." He knew, but still I lay in the dark. The complete unknown. "What should I do?"