Chapter 24: Argument

After the fight, Lisa drove herself at the nearest coffee shop to cool down herself from it. She step out of her car and go straight inside the shop. Only few people are inside so it will help her to make her at ease.

She's about to sit when she noticed someone crying in the other corner of the shop. She tilted her head and narrow her eyes to check if she's right.

"Miyeon?" She said to herself and walk slowly towards the table "Hey Miyeon" She caught her attention.

Miyeon flinch a little, she look up and see Lisa. She got up and bow her head.
"Hi Ma'am" She said.

Lisa look around and slowly pull the chair "Can I sit here?"

"Yes"

Lisa took her seat and frown "You are alone? How's Louise?" She asked.

Miyeon grip on her skirt and close her eyes, she felt the pain again when she heard her Daughter's name.

"S-she's in the hospital" She stuttered.

Lisa's eyes went worried on what she heard "Hospital? What happened? I thought it was an ordinary fever" She blink her eyes a couple of times.

Miyeon shakes her head and lower down it then Lisa heard a sobs from her.

"H-Hey.. Are you crying?" She asked and check around if someone see them like this.

Miyeon wipe her tears and purse her lips to avoid convulsive gasps.

Lisa took out her handkerchief and give it to her "Stop crying. Someone might thought that we're on fight" She said and gaze around again.

Miyeon take the handkerchief and wipe her tears "Thank you" She mumbled.

"What happened to Louise?" She asked once again.

Miyeon fidget on the handkerchief and sigh "She's been sick for her whole life"

Lisa crease her forehead "What do you mean?"

"Do you want to see her? She's looking for you anyway" Miyeon chuckle.

Lisa just bob her head then Miyeon stood up.

"Do you have your car with you? I left mine at home" She said.

Lisa stood up and lead their way.

---

Lisa's P. O. V.

We arrived at the hospital where Miyeon told me. We step out of the car and we started to walk inside.

"Good Afternoon Ms. Cho" The nurse greet her, looks like they know her for so long.

We go upstairs and guess what I almost forgot what happened earlier but I think should not think about it for now. I'm thinking what would be the case of Louise.

Miyeon stop in front of the white door with a name of Lousie on it. We entered the room and I saw Louise lying on the bed with dialysis machine beside her. Don't tell me..

"She has a leukemia"

My face went blank on what she said. She walk beside her daughter and kiss her forehead.

"Are you kidding me? She's too young for that!" I said in disbelief.

Miyeon noddle and sobs "Yeah. I don't know how to deal with it alone" She look at her daughter's face and kiss her cheeks.

"Where's your family?" I couldn't believe this. I couldn't imagine my children will suffer from this, I'm still thanking God for giving us a healthy kids.