Taehyung sighs, he was already expecting to hear that though.

    'What are we going to do?'

    'I don't know. We'll talk more when I get there, okay?'

    'Okay. I love you, Jeongguk. And please don't disappear like this again. I thought you left me.'

    'I could never leave you, Tae. I love you. If I went anywhere I'd take you with me.'

Taehyung smiles a little, the stress slowly fading away as he hears those words.

    "What else did he say?" Jin asks after a long moment of silence.

    "We'll talk more when he arrives." The younger says with a sigh as he sits down again.

   "Good. We'll wait here for his return." Jin says retaking his seat.

Hyoyeon starts to hum as she watches the flames of the fire dance along the wood, her voice filling the silence and giving them a strange sense of calmness.

This was the calm before the storm one would suppose.

♾🖤♾🖤♾

Jimin was in his own room in the elder's quarters when Yoongi came to him that night, not apologizing for being upset but apologizing for the things that were said.

    "You and Jin put Taehyung's life in danger and it's my job to protect him." He says crossing his arms.

    "He put his own life in danger. We didn't know until it was too late." Jimin says, his back to Yoongi as he looks out his bedroom window.

    "That still doesn't make it right." The older says. "It's beyond me how something like this could happen with any of us noticing."

    "What's done is done. Your apology is accepted." Jimin says, not at all convincing Yoongi that his apology was accepted.

    "Jimin~"

A shrilling siren rips through kingdom making Jimin flinch.

"Intruder, intruder!"

They both share a confused look before rushing out of the room.

"I'm going to find my father." Jimin says, starting to go in the opposite direction of Yoongi.

"No, you stay with me." The older stops him.

"No." Jimin says. "Go get Taehyung. I can handle myself."

"Now is not the time, Jimin." Yoongi snaps.

"Is it ever?" The younger snaps back before rushing off in the opposite direction anyway.

Yoongi curses under his breath, almost deciding to follow his mate.

"Intruder, intruder!"

He decides against it and runs to get Taehyung, using his supernatural vampire speed.

The heart of the kingdom is completely empty, no one there preparing to fight or attacking.

The sirens suddenly stop, confusing Yoongi even more.

    "What?" He says to himself as he slows to a stop in the middle of the street.

    "Yoongi!"

Yoongi turns to see Taehyung rushing towards him, his robe blowing in the wind behind him as he runs.

Yoongi reacts after a moment of shock, running to meet the boy.

    "Taehyung what~"

    "Jin-hyung. Were~ wolves, huge ones a-and he~ they. Hyung, Jin-hyung he~"