Party Problems

' Ladies and gentleman, shortly we shall begin our descent. We expect to land in Dublin, Ireland in the next thirty minutes. '

I let out a sigh of content as I woke up and stretched out my limbs, turning to Noah who had both kids on the far side of him.

' Hey sleepyhead. ' My husband smiled as he rubbed my leg.

' Was I asleep for so long? I'm so sorry I didn't mean to leave you on your own with the kids.

' Don't worry. Aria slept and Maddie has been staring out the window for hours. What do you see out there baby? '

' There's fields dad, and the sea and I can see cars. '

' Wow baby, keep looking. Maybe you'll see the sheep we saw in the pictures. '

Noah had been to Ireland once before, he has a few family living there. This is my first time. Noah remembered me saying a few years ago that I always wanted to see Ireland and now here we are.

Once we were landed and had collected our bags we headed straight outside to get a taxi to the hotel, which was situated right in the middle of Dublin overlooking the river Liffey. Thankfully it was late so we went straight to bed when we got there, hoping to rid ourselves of as much jet lag as possible before Maddie's fourth birthday tomorrow.

The next morning I woke up to the unfamiliar sound of rain tapping on the window. I was first awake so I crept into the bathroom and applied make up before slipping into jeans and a white blouse. Something I decided I would probably regret given the temperature. I headed down to reception to organise for breakfast to be sent up to our room and to collect the cake and balloons that Noah had organised for us before we got here. I was able to creep back into the room a whole five minutes before Maddie woke the rest of the room up.

' IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. ' She leaped up and began jumping on the bed.

' What, is it someone's birthday today? ' I grinned.

' No mom, I don't think it's anyone's birthday today. ' Noah joked, both of us taking far too much pleasure in teasing our oldest child.

' DADDY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. ' Maddie screeched and leaped into Noah's arms as he spun her around the room.

' Argh my little girl is FOUR. '

' Baby, look we got your favourite.. PANCAKES ! '

' PANCAKES AND CAKE. ' She screamed as she pulled the silver lids off the food cart with ease.

We sang happy birthday, Maddie included and tucked into our first breakfast in Ireland. After breakfast, the rest of the family got wrapped up for the cold, wet weather and we headed out to the streets of Dublin. We started off in Build a Bear, which ended up being a mega battle of trying to explain to Maddie why she couldn't have three bears. Following the teddy bear enhanced explosions we headed on a bus tour. Now we were in the middle of lunch. I looked over at Noah, he was in a world of his own. After our conversation on his birthday, he contacted his old football coach to see if he could get back to doing some physical training, although according to his coach. He hadn't lost much in the way of fitness, or talent. He was really loving being back. I was so happy for him. In a weird sort of way, it felt like our old life was getting back on track.

Just as the waitress was lifting our plates, Noah's phone rang. He got up from the table and walked outside to answer it. I was just taking the sip of my G&T that Noah had insisted I got when he walked back inside, his face was white as a sheet.

' Noah? Is everything okay? '

' Um, that was Richard Seevers.. He's just been announced as the new coach of the Rams. He.. he wants me to join the team. '

' Wait, you're kidding? '

' That's what I said to him.. but it was genuine. He had watched me play at Harvard and everything. He said that he had been waiting for me to get back on the football scene. '

' So you're thinking about taking it? '

' Elle, I've already said yes. '

' You said yes? Without even talking to me? '

' Elle.. I've been recruited by one of the biggest teams there is.. '

' I know, and I'm so proud of you but I wish you would of spoken to me about it first. '

' Nothing would of convinced me to do anything but say yes. '

' When do you start? '

' Next week, part time but the tour starts in a month so I have to be ready to go. '

' A tour? '

' Elle, relax, it's just a month. '

' A MONTH? '

' Elle, stop. It's Maddie's birthday.. you're over reacting. '

' You're leaving to go on tour for a month and you didn't even think about talking to me about it first.. ' I spat, and walked out of the restaurant.

I lay awake staring at the ceiling most of that night. Noah was sleeping soundly next to me. I pulled up my phone and checked my emails. Sitting right at the top was an email titled ' So You're Interested In A veterinary Degree. ' I hit delete, no chance of it happening now..

Hello my darling, long time no see! I have had an awful lot of personal problems this summer. I was left totally uninspired to write. So this is my warm up, I'm sorry it took so long <3