The Perfect Dress

I woke up the next morning and instantly felt the cool sea breeze on my face. Our bedroom door was open and I could see the white curtains floating out the open balcony doors. I checked to see if Maddie was still asleep, she was gone. Even though she had her own room now, we felt weird putting her in there. I had never not had her beside me. I got up and wrapped my cardigan around me. Noah and Maddie were on the balcony, totally concentrated on a jigsaw puzzle.

' Struggling there Noah? '

' It says 1-3 on the box but this shit is difficult... ' I sighed as I took a seat next to them and began searching through the pieces spread across the table.

' Okay, agreed.. theres so many pieces.. Maddie how are you getting on? '

' Hard mama. '

' Should we get breakfast? ' Noah announced.

' Theres nothing in the fridge. '

' I went to the store this morning, I bought Avacados and Eggs. '

' Perfect ! '

' What time is your dress shopping commencing? '

' One thirty.. Are you okay to have Maddie all day? '

' Well of course. We're gonna paint her bedroom, aren't we? '

' PINK DADA PINK. '

' Yes baby .. pink.'

I went into my room to put on some make up and do my hair, as per warned by June who said it was the number one rule of trying on dresses. I curled my hair and even put on eye shadow. I grabbed my bag and went back out to the balcony where Noah was just pulling out another jigsaw puzzle.

' I love you guys. ' I said, kissing them both.

' I love you too, you look beautiful. Every dress is gonna look amazing on you. ' I laughed at him.

' I don't think so... See you later. ' I headed out the door and down to the car.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Lee, Rachel and June were standing outside the dress shop before I got there. I still couldn't believe this was happening. I never knew trying on dresses was such a formal occasion, I had to book an appointment and send my stylist ' my Pinterest wedding inspo pin board ' which admittedly I had to make just to send to her.

' Good morning, are you the future Flynn? ' The woman asked when she opened the door which made me choke on my Starbucks which then made Lee burst out laughing.

' What's so funny? '

' It's just occurred to me, I can call you sis after this wedding. '

' That's insane. ' I muttered under my breath as the over enthusiastic stylist ran around the room with white dresses flying everywhere. She walked towards me with a dress that easily weighed a tonne.

' That's a lot of material. '

' It's very similar to one on your pin board, Ms Evans. Let me bring you around to the dressing room. ' I really should have looked at what I put on that pin board.

I put the dress on and turned back to the mirror to see, what I can only describe as a human meringue.

' Well.. isn't it beautiful? ' The woman, who I had discovered was called Elizabeth, asked.

' Oh .. yeah .. sure, beautiful. ' I choked out.

' Great, lets show the others. ' I walked out of the dressing room and round the corner. There was a moment of silence before Lee burst into laughing.

' ELLE, WHAT IS THAT ? ' He was almost crying. All I could do was join him. June tutted, ' Lee constructive criticism please.. Perhaps try another one Elle. ' I walked back into the dressing room, still laughing. I always went dress shopping with Lee growing up, so it was nice to keep the tradition up. He knew my style as much as I did.

Next I was put in a cream fishtail dress with dimontes all over the chest. It was yet again, awful. Everyone ( except of course Elizabeth ) agreed.

The next dress was similar to Meghan Markle's dress, but it was too old for me and a little boxy. After dress number 10 was a fail, I went and sat with the others.

' I give up guys. I'm just not a wedding dress kind of girl. '

' Nonsense. ' Rachel and June agreed. ' Theres a perfect dress for everyone. '

At this stage I would happily of gotten married in my jeans but I knew Maddie wanted to see her mom in a princess dress. Lee out his hand on my shoulder and turned to Elizabeth. ' If you don't mind, I'm gonna have a look for dress eleven. ' He told her firmly, sensing I was far more upset than I was letting on. I went and sat down with June and Rachel and we chatted for a while before Lee returned. ' Dress is hanging up in the dressing room, no peaking. ' I grinned and went inside. I did as he said. I didn't peak, Elizabeth helped me into it. I walked back to the others and I still hadn't seen it. I was met with gasps.

' Elle.. that is the dress. '

' Oh Elle.. '

' I should be the host on say yes to the dress. ' Lee announced proudly. I turned to look in the mirror. I heard myself gasp. A sweetheart neckline, laced bodice that trailed into a long skirt made up of silk and layer with a net of matching lace. This was it.

' Lee, you even managed to find me my perfect dress. ' I laughed and hugged him hard.

I chose a long white veil with a lace trim on the side and simple white heels to match. I could not have been happier.

Only three weeks until the big day.

Hello I'm still here I promise <3 Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Posted a picture of Elle's dress above, I spent ages deciding on one... Let me know what you think x