ONE

' Hey Noah, can I use your height for a second? '

' What's up? '

' Can you help me hang this banner. '

I watched Noah hang the other side of the banner with complete ease. He was barely even standing on his tippie toes. We both stood back and admired the sign. It read ' Happy Birthday Maddison' in big pink letters. I had bought pink cupcakes and a pink castle cake and displayed them on the table surrounded by presents and glitter. We weren't having a big party or anything, just family and friends.

' Can you believe she is one already? '

' One year closer to having boyfriends. ' I winked at Noah.

' She's never having a boyfriend.. ' He muttered through his clenched jaw. It always made me laugh.

' Maybe she'll fall in love with someone like her daddy. '

' Oh jesus no. ' Which made me burst into fits of giggles. He grabbed me around the waist and leaned in to kiss me, just as my dad walked into the room and coughed loudly, we jumped apart.. even in our situation it was still embarrassing when my dad saw us kissing.

' The kitchen looks great guys, Maddie is gonna love it. '

' I hope so! '

' I have a surprise for you. ' Noah announced reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a pretty box.

' I would think you were proposing, but you have already done that. ' I laughed smiling.

' Not quite. ' He said handing over the box. I held it gently, not knowing if it was something breakable. I pulled the satin bow off which opened the box to reveal a set of keys.

' Are these? '

' Sure are ! '

' Oh my goodness so we are free to move in now ? '

' It's all ours baby. ' I leaped into his arms and he spun me around before sitting me up on the counter.

' Let's sleep there tonight. '

' Sounds good to me. ' He whispered planting a kiss on my lips as we heard the sound of the front door opening and shutting.

' MAMA, DADA I HOME. ' Maddie announced from the hallway. Noah went out and picked her up. ' Hello birthday princess, now close your eyes for a big surmise. ' I heard him say. June, Lee, Rachel and Brad all walked in and admired the room before Noah carried Maddie in, eyes still closed.

' Okay, a-nddddd OPEN. ' Maddie opened her eyes and they instantly filled with colour and joy.

' PWINCESS CAKE MAMA. '

' It's your castle sweetheart, isn't it pretty? ' She started pursing her lips in a bid to make me light the candles, which I did and we all sang her happy birthday. It was insane how much she loved attention, she definitely got that from her dad.

' Okay presents next ! We'll have some cake afterwards. ' I smiled and reassured everyone.

First she opened the toy pram and matching doll that Noah and I had bought her to push around then her cinderella dress from the Disney store, Lee and Rachel gave her an aqua draw, some clothes and a dancing Peppa pig toy. June, been the typical grandmother, gave her lots of clothes, which I could not have been more grateful for since nothing fitted her anymore. My dad and Brad gave her the most incredible silver bracelet with ' Maddie Joni ' and her date of birth engraved on it. Needless to say, I cried.

We put on music and Maddie danced around the floor on her own, it was adorable. Then she helped to cut the cake and we all sat around for the afternoon. Around five I headed into the kitchen to start tidying up, my dad followed me in.

' Elle you have no idea how much I'm going to miss having you around here. '

' I'm gonna miss you too dad, I'm only twenty minutes away. I'm sure I'll be here all the time.'

' The thought of not seeing Maddie everyday kills me. '

' You're her grandpa, she'll be seeing you all the time. Coming up to the wedding we're going to need a lot of help with her. I'll be sure to call on you and June. '

' Me first though. ' He winked.

' I'm so glad you two have each other dad. '

' So am I sweetheart. '

We chatted together as we tidied for a while before Noah came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around my waist. ' Is my future wife ready to spend her first night in her new home? ' He said as he kissed my neck.

' More ready than I'll ever be. ' I smiled. ' Let me jut go and grab some pyjamas for Maddie. '

I stopped and took a minute in my bedroom, even though I had moved out once before, I felt like this really was the end of living here. So many hours spent here with Lee, chats with my mom, hiding Noah under my bed. I had a lot of memories here. I put our overnight items in a bag and headed downstairs. Noah had put the travel trunk in the trunk earlier.

We hugged everyone goodbye and I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I was leaving the house, as my house, for the last time.

' Elle don't look so sad, we're going dress shopping in like 13 hours, remember? ' Lee announced proudly.

' Of course I remember. I can't wait. '

' Ah the maid of honour is going dress shopping. ' Noah laughed, earning yet another whack on the head from Lee.

We drove the couple of miles back to the apartment and carried everything upstairs.

' HOME.' Maddison sang.

' Yeah home baby, this is home. ' I smiled and kissed her forehead. She fell asleep a few minutes layer and Noah and I weren't far behind her. As I was falling asleep Noah wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close and whispered ' welcome home. ' I fell asleep smiling.