That's When It All Went Black

I could have got mad. I could have screamed and shouted and pushed him away for abandoning me, but I didn't. He hugged me, he told me he was sorry. He told me he just couldn't watch my mess up my plans this way. Maybe I should have given him hell, but I wanted my little girl to have her grandpa. After my dad and I had spoken, he turned around and hugged Noah. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen them hug.

' Noah, you have been here for Elle when I wasn't. You're a real man. '

' Thank you Mr Evans. I really appreciate that. ' He smiled down at me and took my hand.

' So Elle Belle.. What do you think of your car. '

' I'm in shock.. you guys did not have to do this. ' I shook my head.

' Elle you deserve a gift. You're an amazing young lady. '

'Look in the backseat. ' Noah whispered, planting a kiss on my forehead. I walked over and pulled the handle. I opened the door to find a car seat installed, the same carseat I had admired two days previous.

' That was my idea. ' Noah smirked. I winked back at him.

' I'll thank you for it later. ' I whispered.

' OKAY' June announced walking into the circle,' breakfast is on the table. '

I walked back into the house between Noah and my dad and my life suddenly felt whole again.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Later that evening -

A couple of weeks ago I had agreed to go out to a nightclub on my birthday. I didn't think I had ever regretted a decision more in my life right now.

' Lee.. I'm too fat for my own clothes. ' I cried looking in the mirror at the tight black dress I was wearing.

' You look beautiful Elle, besides you could be in your soccer uniform and I would still make you come out this evening.

Noah wasn't coming because he had agreed to help his mom out with a charity event tonight. I didn't really want to go without him but I mean, I was with Lee and Rachel so I was in safe company.

Just then Noah walked into the room, ' Lee you mind my girls tonight won't you. Don't stay out too late, Elle gets exhausted. ' He said throwing on his jacket and wrapping me in a hug. ' If you need anything at all tonight, just call me I'll be right there. Okay? '

' Okay' I said as we kissed. ' I'll see you later. '

———————————————————————————————————————————

Okay I admit it, the club was great fun. I missed all this, just being a teen again. It didn't stop people staring at me though. I tried to ignore them but Lee could see they were bothering me.

' You wanna go Elle? '

' No, no I'm good here. '

' I'm gonna get you and Rach another drink. What do you want ? '

' Honestly water.. ' Lee laughed loudly .

' How times have changed ' he winked.

'How do you think I got into this whole mess. '

Rachel was talking to one of the girls from school when Lee walked away. Feeling slightly awkward I pulled out my phone, there was a text from Noah. ' Everything okay? I'm just heading home now, lemme know if you want me to pick you up. X '

I didn't have time to reply to the text before someone got into my face.

' I see your aggressive boyfriend isn't here to save you now.'

' Fuck off Warren. '

' I never did get my kiss. ' He said grabbing my face, the smell of alcohol off his breath. I smacked him across the cheek, he turned slowly, a dangerous glint in his eye. Suddenly he lifted his hand and slammed it across my face.

' Thats for teasing me about the hot tube on the beach .' He smacked me again. ' Thats for telling me to fuck off. '

' You don't scare me Warren. '

I don't remember much after that.. he punched me and I just caught Lee's face before everything went black.

A/N CLIFFHANGER ! I am away for the next couple of days with no internet ( hopefully I'll get one more chapter in before I go ) but I promise you I will be writing while I'm away so they'll be plenty to read soon ! Thank you for all the support so far.. all my love <3