Survival - Insanity - Chapter 12.5

Revised Version

Flashback:  Back to Dinner.

Sora's POV

"Anneonghaseyo," I bowed at Mr. and Mrs. Min, feeling slightly uneasy as I entered the private dining lounge with Yoongi.

"Ah! Sora, you don't have to be formal with us. Join us," Mrs. Min brightly smiles at me. There's something wrong about that smile... or maybe I'm just imagining it??

"Jakiya...?" Yoongi raised his eyebrow as he drew the seat for me. I snapped off my thoughts and turned to smile at him. I keep recalling the things Taehyung, Namjoon, and Mr. Jeon warned me about. Can I trust the Mins? 

"How have you been, Sora?" Mr. Min smiles at me from the opposite side of the table. I didn't know we were going to have a family dinner. I thought it was just Yoongi and me. 

"I have been well, how are you... sir?" I turned to look at Yoongi because I didn't know how to address his parents. I shouldn't speak casually with them.

"We're not strangers. Make yourself comfortable," Mr. Min shook his head at my awkward response. I nodded shyly and exhaled in relief, but Yoongi remained stiff in his seat.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, turning to look at Yoongi, who was staring at his parents without blinking. Why is he so tense?

"Wha-what? Oh- I'm fine," Yoongi stuttered and blinked at me. The Mins are usually bright people... but the atmosphere within the room... was really intense. It didn't feel like a family gathering at all. 

"We actually wanted to discuss an important matter with you, Sora," Mrs. Min cleared her throat, so I turned my body towards her. Discuss? About what? What is there to discuss about?

"What's your plan with Yoongi?" She questioned with a keen smile.

"N-neh?" I asked in confusion. Why is she asking me that?

"I mean, what's your future plan with Yoongi?" Mrs. Min chuckled lightly, but I was still unsure. Yoongi placed his hand on mine under the table.

"I hope to be there for him through all the good and bad," I shyly smile at her. We've been together for a while now. Although I haven't thought much of our future, I want to be with him regardless of our situation. 

"An ordinary...," Mr. Min suddenly chuckles under his breath.

"Neh?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous when my heart dropped a little. Did he just say I'm an ordinary?

"Father, you promised," Yoongi gritted lowly as he squeezed my hand. I turned to look at Yoongi. What's wrong with him? Why is he so pale?

"Of course, Yoongi. I meant you want to live an ordinary life with Yoongi like you used to," Mr. Min averted his eyes to me, but there was no warmth in his eyes. It was dim. His eyes showed no emotions. This isn't right- SORA! You're overthinking! He's not Taehyung!

"Neh, that's what I thought," I agreed and smiled at Mr. Min.

"You do realize that's impossible, right? Given the current circumstances," Mrs. Min exhaled heavily and turned to look me dead in my eyes. What's going on?  Yoongi clenched my hand and swallowed hard at his mother's cold expression

"Mother, what did-"

"I know Yoongi. I meant that it's dangerous for you to return to your old life, and I'm worried about you two," Mrs. Min suddenly broke into a bright smile. That's odd... I feel so... edgy around them.